Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Default I Don't Love Vegetables

Which is why I have chosen ILoveVegetables as my name.

Hi, I'm ILV. I'm 22 years old and I'm fat. The reason I had to say that is because for the past few years, no matter how much I've known that it's a problem, I've refused to acknowledge it, using the 'I don't really care' approach.

A couple of months ago, I moved to a different country and decided that it was time for a fresh start. After a few false starts where I half heartedly tried to eat more healthy, I decided that today I'm going to take charge of my life. I'm currently about 202lbs, and my goal weight is 120lbs, to be reached through strict calorie counting and exercise.

The only problem is that I'm not too sure about how I'm going to do this and I've never taken it so seriously before so I know I'll end up losing motivation or faltering at some point, which is why I'm here. I'm probably going to be asking a lot of questions, please bear with me.

So hello to all you lovely people. I'm really looking forward to the next few months with your support
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/264/155

Height: 5'9

Building calorie deficits is what I find works for me, if you know you need to burn off that ice cream cone you think about it a little harder. Doesn't mean you can't have it, just means you've got to excercise a little extra. I'm kind of in the same boat (not exactly) I've been over weight since I was 5 just didn't realize how far I had let it creep back on... Good luck! This is an awesomely motivating place with wonderful, insightful, supportive people. I know you can do this, and when it gets hard or you have a bad day there will always be someone to pick you back up
Learning Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Proud of you! Acknowledging the issue can be the very first step to you feel better about yourself! I love your decision about your username!

The people on this site are always ready to offer encouragement, options, opinions and sometime just someone to vent to.

Let us know how you want to go about this process and we would be happy to help in way we can!

Oh and if you ever need any healthy versions of recipes or fun ways to make healthy food taste great, there are those on here that can help with that as well!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

You've certainly chosen a good, supportive community to join. Best of luck with your weight loss journey and welcome to 3FC.

Put your mind to it and you'll get there. Remember, everyone has set backs every now and again. The key to success is picking yourself back up again afterwards and not beating yourself up over them.

1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Thank you so much for this
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome!

You've come a lot farther than most people, just by starting!

You can do this! Find what works for your body and NEVER GIVE UP!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #7  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Welcome! I have also jumped on the "band wagon" today, well back on the band wagon. I joined a few days ago and already I have gotten a lot of support and feedback. So far I love this site. I also use MyFitnessPal to help me out.

Find what works for you and stick with it (hmmmm I need to take my own advise more seriously )!

By the way, I pretty much hate vegetables.

Last edited by brvsfan99; 06-28-2012 at 10:53 PM.
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/129/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! You have a great attitude and maybe you will even begin to love vegetables! Each day, each bite, remember your goal! You are capable of becomming fit and slim!
love2hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/242/155

Height: 5'8"

You've chosen a really great community to join. I've only been a member for a few weeks and everyone here is so supportive. They've already helped me through my first plateau.

I think that the trick for most people is to just find what works and stick to it. Sound easy enough but I guess we all know the real reality. Good luck, and stick with it.

Do you like veggies if they dance for you?
cinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #10  
will Never Give Up!

S/C/G: 294/285/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I'm really new here too!
vegasgal is offline   Reply With Quote