Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/217/135

Height: 5'4

Lightbulb New mommy looking for some support to get back on track

New here and looking to find support and make some new friends. I had a tough time with weight my whole life always yo-yo dieting which i know is horrible for you. I lost a good bit of weight doing it the healthy way by counting calories and exercising but once i got pregnant i gained all the weight back and some more. Now i'm the heaviest i've ever been and really looking to find some help. I think a huge part of it is emotional eating. Heard i should find the source of that first....definitely mostly when i'm sad but honestly I feel hopeless.... Like the road ahead is too long for me. Even if i lose 5 or even 10 pounds i still think i have 70 more pounds to lose. Wish i didn't think like that but i do. Hoping thats a normal thing. I want to lose the weight for good this time and keep it off so that once my daughter gets older i can have the energy to play with her and maintain a healthy lifestyle so that i could be a good rolemodel for her as well. This is literally my last hope and from what i read, heard this website could be a lifesaver. I'd really appreciate all the help, tips, support and some motivation. Thanks guys
Stephlarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! What worked for me was to break my weight loss down into 5lbs goals. I could not look at the big number, it was too overwhelming but I did tell myself I could lose 5 lbs and once I lost those 5lbs I set another 5lb goal. Give yourself a ton of self postive talk and try to keep those negitative thoughts out of your head.
YOU CAN DO THIS. ONE DAY, ONE STEP AT A TIME.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Hello! I'm fairly new here myself and a new(er) Mum too, my little girl turned 1 in May. She's one of my biggest motivations to improve my lifestyle too. I always try to keep in mind that as long as I'm eating healthier, having smaller portions and getting exercise I'm doing the right thing, regardless of where the scale hits.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/217/135

Height: 5'4

Thank you! i've found it hard to work out only cause my energy is so low. Hopefully once i change the way i eat and get some exercise in i'll be able to see a difference in my energy. I know my daughter needs a mom thats energetic so shes definitely my main motivation. I know i can do this. I just need all the negative thoughts to subside. Good luck to you all.
Stephlarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote