Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I want a pony....

What little girl doesn't want a pony?

Hello everyone, from S/E Texas. Yesterday I was looking at horses and saddle mules on line, and remembering all the fun I had growing up riding horses, and owning horses too. I told my husband..."I am going to lose 45 lb. and buy a saddle mule." He said, "Okay."

Hmmm. I could tell he wasn't too concerned about that happening.

But, the truth is, I desperately need to lose weight because I am tired....tired of waking up stiff and sore. Tired of running out of energy before the day has hardly started. Tired of being old and tired. And just plain tired.

Oh, and I am 65 years old. So, this could be a bit of a challenge in more ways than one. But, if I never get the pony...or the saddle mule...I still need to do something. It is very scary knowing how I feel now and that it will only get worse in years to come. I must do something about it now.

Last night I typed in "diet forums" on google and this one came up. Years ago when I was first online, I found Three Fat Chicks on a Diet....which, I believe was more of a personal blog back then. So I stayed awake until midnight and read and looked at pictures of those who had achieved their goals. I see many young people, but also see there is a 50+ section.

I need the support, but already I feel motivated. Yesterday was the first day in probably 50 or more years that I didn't drink a soda. I thought I was out, but discovered I have another 6 pack of Pepsi and there is an ice cold Pepsi staring me in the face every time I open the fridge. I feel sort of like an alcoholic. I told myself...."One day at a time."

Okay...just wanted to say hello and will explore the forum some more. And will spend a little more time dreaming about my pony.
byugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. Giving up soda is tough. I do drink a diet soda now and then but only after I have drank a tall glass of water.
I just want to let you know that age is only a number. My mom is 68 years old and has lost 80 plus lbs since last August.
You can do it!!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3fc! Set your mind to it and make sure you get that pony!!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Byugal and welcome! I am new again, too. I am in my 50's almost 60's and I also need the support. Besides being over-weight and over 50, I have problems with my joints that makes cardio a challenge. The pool is my friend and so is this site! Lots of help and nice people here.

Good luck!
cyndie is offline   Reply With Quote