Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'7

Default Today is a new beginning!

Hi all! I'm so glad I found this site. I have little support in real life so this is wonderful.

I've always had to work hard to keep weight off, mostly because of terrible eating choices. In high school with the help of sports, I was down to my lowest weight of 130 but still had a really unhealthy diet. Thanks to college and a cubicle desk job, I gained back everything lost and then some. When I got pregnant with my son, I was 185. When he was born I was 205.

Everyone told me breast feeding would help me lose pounds but even following the mostly healthy diet I picked up during pregnancy, I only lost 5 pounds by the time he was six months. I hated the way I looked at 200 and even hid my wedding pictures because it was painful to see what had been.

A year later and I'm finally down to where I was when I got pregnant and I'm ready to get the rest behind me. I was 140 when I got married 4 years ago and that's where I would like to be again. I'm beginning to pick up exercising (which I despise) to help tone up and hopefully help repair some of the damage of a high riding, all out front baby during pregnancy.

My main goal is to be a new, healthy me for my son. I want the energy and ability to chase after him and be able to play with him without feeling run down after 10 minutes of walking. He turns a year old today and by this time next year I hope to be to my goal weight.

20 down, 35 to go!

Last edited by blue dogweed; 06-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.
blue dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/140

Height: 5'8

I am almost in the same situation. My son is 1 year old.
Except when I got pregnant with my son I was 145 and I got up to 215 when he was born. Breastfeeding did not help me lose weight either, I dieted like crazy last summer too but hovered around 200lbs. I breastfed for about 9 months.

I am finally in the 180's, but its been a struggle. I exercise daily and calorie count. I have a wedding to go to in the end of June that I would really like to be at least a dress size down. My stomach is disgusting, I still look pregnant and have the c-section "pouch". I'm not sure if my body will ever see a bikini again, but a size 6-8 dress would be a nice goal eventually

My ultimate goal is 140 also. I felt the best at 145, but I havnt seen 140 since junior high.

Anyway, we can do this! I am here for support also
era28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/193.2/155

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! Im also new to this site, and looking forward to having so many people around for support! My weight has always been an issue, even as a 10 year old I remember trying to diet. After moving away from home, eating in the dorm cafeteria allowed me to pig out on whatever I wanted....and boy did it sure show after a year! At my heaviest I was 224, but managed to cut my weight down to about 200.
Now Im really ready to get into action, and get the rest of this weight off of me for good! I've found a new love in the gym, and look forward to sweating off the frustrations of the day.
My first goal is to get to 174, that's what I remember weighing in grade 10, and once I hit that Id like to get down into the 150s
kristindawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'7

era28,

I have the same pouch and preggo looking belly. I'm hoping with the weight loss some of the stomach goes too. *fingers crossed*

I'm nit so good at the calorie counting or the exercise but I'm working on it.

Last edited by blue dogweed; 06-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.
blue dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/211/147

I am in a similar boat! I have a 7 week old son. I was 222 when i got pregnant (i had gained over the 5 years prior, up from 150). at the end of my pregnancy i was 232- and now 7 weeks later am 211. i think i actually "lost" weight during my pregnancy due to better eating habits and not drinking.

I am nursing currently. i was told that breastfeeding would help me lose weight but i guess maybe not huh... so am working to eat reasonably so as to be healthy but not sacrifice nutrients for my son. i am also exercising as much as possible- walking with my son and dancing and pilates. I am basically calorie counting but try to watch the carbs as wel.

Just 4 days in... Looking forward to the journey!
Jenny Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/211/147

blue dogweed- congratulations on your son's first birthday by the way!
Jenny Duck is offline   Reply With Quote