Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/256.8/145

Height: 5'7"

Default In case you wanted to know...

Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell a little bit about my story. I'll keep it short, sweet and to the point (hopefully).

I've had issues with weight all my life. I'm not quite sure when the problem began, but I remember being in the 4th grade and weighing 137 lbs. That was the last time I ever saw that number lol.

Anyway, when I was in middle school, I fell into a depression and stopped eating for days on end. Naturally, I started losing weight. This whole depression thing somehow morphed into a self-punishment thing and I resumed eating and used exercise as a way to punish myself. No matter how tired I was, I would push and push and push. I would always work out way into the night and come home exhausted.

After a while, I got out of that funk and was really happy with the way that I looked! I was confident and happy and had a ton of fun all the time. I didn't work out anymore because I didn't feel like I had to punish myself for not being good enough. I was good enough! I was awesome. But somehow, the weight came right on back during college. It probably had something to do with stress. Who knows.

I graduated last year and I am now at my all-time high. Now I'm ready to get back my high school confidence, but I have to relearn how to diet and exercise. Before, I used food and exercise as a weapon against myself, and not I have to learn how to use these two things not as a tool for punishment, but as a way to love myself. Its kind of hard relearning it. Definitely different. Sometimes I'm not sure how hard to push myself when working out bc I don't want to be "too mean," lol. I know it sounds insane, but it is what it is.

So I'm just committed to not give up and to see progress at whatever pace it decides to show itself!
jj0293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

I think you have to find a way to make your workout a treat rather than a punishment, and your food also. Maybe it will take a bit to find your groove but i'm sure you'll get there. Congrats on your 5lbs thats awesome. I added you to my buddy list after I read your comment on my post, i'm not quite sure what the buddy list does but i did it lol.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote