Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #1  
More of me to LOVE

S/C/G: 294/294/160

Height: 5'6"

Default A Returning Chick

I am a 51 year old mother of a 19 year old son with special needs and the wife to a dear husband. I am struggling with trying to lose a ton of weight, not only because I hate the way that I look, but because it is gravely affecting my health. I have COPD,asthma,hypertension and a host of other illnesses that are exacerbated by excessive weight. I don't overeat or eat too much of the wrong foods. The main issue is that because of my COPD and other breathing problems, I often have to take steroids (Prednisone) and that makes the weight pile on me and it seems impossible for it to come off. Then I get very depressed and that causes me to reach for the sweets to soothe my emotions. I also have an issue with fluid retention. I am on 3 different water pills and that keeps me running to the bathroom all day and I still keep the pounds on me. Please, I need help.
CTmom1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/164/148

Height: 5'0"

I feel for you. Can you take baby steps in the right direction? Maybe have a reasonable activity goal for this week.
Coffee Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #3  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

You strike me as a strong person, so I'm sure whatever goals you set for yourself will not only be reasonable, but achieveable. I have faith in you.
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote