Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting Over

Hi Everyone,
Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm trying to lose about 20 pounds by the end of the year (slow and steady 1/2 pound loss each week). I'm currently at my heaviest (146). About two years ago I was down to 128, but a vacation basically sidelined me and I just lost focus after that.

My trouble is eating good food, but I'm determined to eat healthy this time. Before I just cut calories, but this time I'm focused on eating healthy and cutting calories. I've been fortunate most my life in the weight dept and was one of those people who could 'eat anything' but my less active lifestyle, family and working full time it's caught up with me. My goal is to lose weight and create healthy eating habits. I feel like I feed my family healthy food but behind their backs snack on potato chips.

I've been at it a week, watching what I eat, getting more active and logging my food/calories in an iPhone app. I lost 1 lb. the first week.

The main thing is I feel like all I think about is food right now. I'm just THINKING about it ALL the time. I'm eating a banana and I just want some crackers and cheese!! Gah! I want that feeling to just go away! I don't really feel hungry - just want it for comfort.

I'm so happy to have found this forum because I don't have any friends who are dieting and most of them just tell me, 'You don't need to lose any weight'. My husband is supportive but tells me I look just fine too. Sometimes I just need a little kick in the pants/motivation so hopefully I can find that here!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/216.6/160

Height: 5'2"

I wish you the best. I know what that feels like; I keep wondering, when am I going to get my next meal. I think that's one of the biggest struggles is getting it your head that you don't need to think about other food when you're currently eating.

Good luck. This is a great website with tons of friendly and supportive folks.
Iyakamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Too Much/Too Much/130

Height: 5'5

i wish you the best! Its always important to have an accountability partner too!
Annah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone. I was so hungry in the morning but when I ate my afternoon snack, midway through a clementine I was like, bleh. I am not hungry! Best feeling ever. Which I'm sure sounds strange. But I normally just eat and eat without any regard to feeling full (so easy to do with junk food).
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote