Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Default First Timer!

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I am at the start of my weight loss journey, literally starting with a healthier lifestyle only around 5 days ago now. I bought my first ever set of scales today and can report my starting weight is 15 stone, or 210 pounds for you Americans (I'm in the UK.)

At 5ft 5 I have a BMI of 34.5 which falls within the obese category. I am a UK dress size 16 - 18 (US 14 - 16).

I've pretty much been overweight since the age of 10 or so and I have never properly tried to lose weight before. I have always known that I've been overweight, and I admit that sometimes it has gotten me down. However I have never been seriously motivated to make a change. I have a great boyfriend, friends and family who have always accepted me as I am.

The turning point really is the fact that I will be 25 this year and I want to get my rear into gear before I start even thinking about having a family etc.

I have never been one to snack on copious amounts of junk throughout the day, I think my general problem has been large portions and not knowing when I'm full!

As for a weight loss goal, I am aiming for 2 lbs per week. So hopefully in 6 months or so I will be around 12 stone (168 pounds). But who knows, I don't want to get too fixated with the numbers. I want to be healthier, fitter and more comfortable with my proportions!

I look forward to settling in with the community.

Anyway, if you've read this far - thank you
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #2  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

good luck! im new too, just joined a couple days ago, and only started a healthier lifestyle 3 days ago . ive already gotten a lot of feedback and support though, as i am sure you will.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/255/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I am at the start of my weight loss journey, literally starting with a healthier lifestyle only around 5 days ago now. I bought my first ever set of scales today and can report my starting weight is 15 stone, or 210 pounds for you Americans (I'm in the UK.)

At 5ft 5 I have a BMI of 34.5 which falls within the obese category. I am a UK dress size 16 - 18 (US 14 - 16).

I've pretty much been overweight since the age of 10 or so and I have never properly tried to lose weight before. I have always known that I've been overweight, and I admit that sometimes it has gotten me down. However I have never been seriously motivated to make a change. I have a great boyfriend, friends and family who have always accepted me as I am.

The turning point really is the fact that I will be 25 this year and I want to get my rear into gear before I start even thinking about having a family etc.

I have never been one to snack on copious amounts of junk throughout the day, I think my general problem has been large portions and not knowing when I'm full!

As for a weight loss goal, I am aiming for 2 lbs per week. So hopefully in 6 months or so I will be around 12 stone (168 pounds). But who knows, I don't want to get too fixated with the numbers. I want to be healthier, fitter and more comfortable with my proportions!

I look forward to settling in with the community.

Anyway, if you've read this far - thank you

What I've noticed is that when you have your long goal term in mind and you're fixated only on that then you usually fail...at least I do. I start with 10 lbs here then 10 lbs there and so on. 2 lbs per week is normal. When I first lost my weight originally (before gaining it all back) I was losing around 4-5 per week but I was only eating under 800 calories a day.

Keep us updated on your status and GOOD LUCK!
Peewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Don't get discouraged if you aren't losing your 2 lbs a week. Sometimes it is actually difficult to get to that magic number. If you find you are stuck, get on here and ask what might be going on, because the ppl on this forum can help you. I have been losing the same 2 lbs for about 2 weeks now. I am trying to just see under 190 on the scale. But ppl keep telling me how much weight I've lost already, because I am a little firmer and tighter from all the exercise, even though I'm only at -9 lbs total. Weight loss is sometimes confusing, sometimes slow, and always requires absolute dedication. Never give up!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/205/163

Height: 5 ft 6 in

u have done so well we seem similar weight n height at your starting weight although i am size 20!!!!!!!!!!!! how did u stick to it? mx
BaileyMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Welcome! 2 lbs per week is my goal as well, though I try not to fixate on that number since I know I slip up sometimes. I try to focus more on eating better, especially snacks, and feeling good. Sometimes I won't lose any weight in a week, but I feel healthy so I give myself a break. Good luck with your weight loss!
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote