Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/251/145

Height: 5 Feet, 5 1/2 Inches

Default New and Starting 60 Juice Reboot

Hello All! I am new to this forum and am so glad I found it! I am hoping to find some other people like me who need to lose, or have lost around 100 pounds. I am in my early 40's, gained a ton of weight during pregancies (14 & 11 years ago), and haven't been able to get any weight off! I have been stuck at around 250-270 for the last 5 years. Before that I was stuck at 230.

I am a very healthy eater for the most part and have always been. No preservatives or processed foods in my home. Don't eat out much. No fast food resturants at all. I was a Vegan for over a year and didn't lose any weight. Switched to a Gluten Free diet at the beginning of 2012 and lost 15-20 pounds. Weight comes off me so, so slowly. I even bought a body bugg system and tracked calories in/ calories out. Even when I burn 1000-3000 extra calories a day, I only lose a small amount of weight. Average of 1 pound a week!

So I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead in December and have been thinking I need a total body cleanse to start my motor running! I would love to drop some bigger numbers for at least two months just o jump start my system, then go to a Macronutrient/Gluten Free diet to lose any of the 100 pounds I have left.

Anybody want to try with me? I would love to have and give support to people who are struggling and overcoming excess weight like I am.
Isabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. I watched that movie too and it was very inspirational. The juice fast is a little extreme for me but I have read threads on this forum where people have done them.
I do want to let you know that a 1lb loss a week is totally normal. In fact, I would love to have a one pound a week loss, I am lucky to lose 1lb a month and that's a good month.
Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #3  

Thanks! I feel like after being Vegan I can do anything! I am not a crash diet type of person so this juice plan is new to me. I would just like to clean out my system and get a little faster results. I do feel like the juice is really healthy and tastes really good. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #4  

Hi there!! I just found your post. I am also starting a juice fast. Right now I am enjoying a mean green. I hope you are doing well. Keep the posts and updates coming!
AmandaBickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 369/307/182

Height: 5" 9

ooooo I would love to do a juice fast, my body could do with a cleanse, where can I find all the information on it? x
dandelieon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #6  

Amanda- Great! I just also had a mean green. I am really liking the way the juices taste. Today is my second day and I am feeling energetic and full. Keep in touch and tell me about your progress! I have an extremely difficult time losing weight, but this morning I already dropped 4 pounds. Crazy! I almost can't believe it. I am rechecking the scale tomorrow just to make sure.

dandelieon- Hi! I watched the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and then visited their website & youtube videos. The movie is available on Netflix and Youtube. The movie and website have some great info on juice fasting and has lots of receipes.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #7  

Isabunny did you mix the kale in with your drink?? I LOVE IT!! It reminds me of the way my horse smells after he eats clover, very refreshing. This morning I was down 2 pounds and enjoyed a wonderful apple and orange. Did you use ginger in your mean green? Is it noticeable?
AmandaBickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #8  

Amanda- I add quite a bit of Kale to all my drinks. It is just so healty for you! My favorite juice is watermelon/pinneapple/ginger. I have been making lots of the receipes from the Fat, Sick, reboot website. Ginger is really good, but you don't need much. A thin little thumb nail size. Ginger is suppose to be really good for you too. But if you use too much it really overpowers your drinks. It is very strong. Ginger in hot water is really good also (like a hot tea).

I have lost 8 pounds as of this morning. It is amazing to me because I am such a slow weight loss loser. It is the first time I have dropped weight so rapidly. Still not even hungry. Had a mean headache today though. Good job on the 2 pounds. Keep up the good work! Hope we both have lots of success. I am so hopeful now that I have started and am seeing the weight come off.

Tomorrow I have a cooking class. I am going to bring my juices with me and not eat any of the foods. I had signed up for this class (it is for my work) before I started my juice diet. I can make it through!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #9  

After 6 days I am 13 pounds lighter. Feel so good. I feel energized! I am drinking lots of water and making fresh juices (I make enough each morning for 1 1/2 days roughly). I drink about 5 juices a day (only one fruit juice). My husband keeps drinking them so I have to make enough to go around. I really am loving this juice fasting. I have never lost so much weight while feeling super healthy. Must have been storing lots of salt! I know there are lots of naysayers out there when it comes to juicing, but my experience has been great. I am going to continue on and see what the future holds! I know some people have great success with juicing at both losing and keeping the weight off. I am very hopeful that I will follow in their footsteps. If anyone else out there is juicing, I would love to hear from you & offer my support!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I just recently watched that movie too! Id do it but have no money for a food processor right now...expensive! :S
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Hi Isabunny. It's great that you're having such good luck with juicing. I was juicing in January and lost 12 pounds in less than 3 weeks, then sort of quit juicing and have only lost 12 in the last 3 months. So, 24 total so far. I really need to get back into it. I LOVE drinking the juice, I just get tired of making it and cleaning up. I really need to try some new mixes, too. Lot's of times, I do the standard carrot and apple. Then lots of spinach with an orange, carrot, ice and banana. I need some new flavors. I can't wait for summer when more fruit is available. I like to buy U.S. organic, and it's pretty limited this time of year. Anyway, good luck with this.....looks like you're doing great so far. I'll be watching for you around.

dandelieon, a good place to start is to watch Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I think it's available on line. Also do You Tube searches. I don't particularly agree with the 60 juice fast, but I do think juicing is an AWESOME addition to a diet. Often, a juice or smoothie can take the place of a meal and be very filling and nutritious.

lostangel05, you can often find a juicer very inexpensively. Look around Amazon, read the reviews, and find one in your price range. You can always upgrade later when your budget allows for a nicer one. Get one that's quick and easy to clean, otherwise, you'll never use it.

Good luck everyone!
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #12  

Today is day #8 of my juice fast. I lost a total of 13 pounds as of this morning. Yeah! Now I am going to try to settle in for the long haul, but change things up a bit. Adding some different juices. Might try to go to the juice bar for some ideas.

sunshauna- Thanks for the support. I was very leary of doing a juice fast, but so inspired by the F S & Nearly Dead movie. I just had to give it a try! I am supper surprised by my one week weight loss, because I really haven't been that hungry and haven't had bad side effects. I work at a Whole Foods, and sometimes get hunger pains when good smelling food comes through my line (like pizza). But otherwise all is well. I hear you on the buying veggies, preparing them, and cleaning the machine. It is loads of work and the juices get a little boring. I am hoping to work through it by adding some smoothies also this week. Maybe a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Have you tried the mean green juice? (Cucumbers, Celery, Green Apples, Ginger, Kale, Lemon). It is very good! Overall, the work of cleaning the machine is worth it!

At this point, I really think after I am done with the fast, I will always drink at least two juices a day. I think they are so healthy and filling. After my fast I plan on just adding one meal a day on top of the juices. We will see! Need to just thinking about making it another day! I would love to hear from some fellow juicers what they did after the fast to keep the weight off and continue the weight loss process.

The juicer doesn't have to be very expensive. I signed up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond online and recieved a 20% off coupon via email. I used that coupon and purchased the lowest price Breville juicer ($119). Costco had a Jack LaLaine for ($89). You can probably buy one off of Amazon or Ebay for even less.

Wish me luck! And again, if anyone wants to join in the juice fast with me, let me know! I would love to support you!