Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/240/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally doing something....

Hello All! Well, I finally decided it was time to loose the weight. I have been going since Jan 1, 2012...and so far, down 27lbs. I am 28 years old, full time working mommy. My husband is helping out a lot in order to help make things easier for me, like cooking the receipes that I lay out for him when it is a gym night ofr me. He too, is watching his weight, which helps. We both prep our meals for breakfast and lunch together the night before and do our calorie/sugar/fat counting. I have been monitoring everything through the i-phone app "myfitnesspal", which has helped a lot! I also attend an ABC (all body conditioning) class once a week and see a personal trainer once a week to work on strength training. My goal is to complete a 5k this coming May. *crosses fingers* I have been a big girl since I was younger. Things got worse though when getting pregnant and I was gestational with my daughter (was almost 300lbs). We plan on having more kids and I want to be healthier the next time around. That was a scary time for me, because not only was I putting myself at risk, but the baby as well. She was a healthy full term 10 pounder though..
J4COSKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #2  
Illysel777

S/C/G: 257/227/170

Height: 5"7

Smile can relate

Hey girl!! Congrats on not giving up on your New years goal. I too have finally started to nip this weight thing in the butt already. I have been heavy all my life. I had my son eight years ago...and I still look like I am pregnant. And I am sick of it...Like you I am 30 and I have lost 24 pounds since beginning my journey in January.
illysel777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/240/160

Height: 5'5"

Thanks! and Congrats to you too!!! it is so hard, but when you start getting results, it starts to make things easier, sort of..haha I was so bad before...for example: going to taco bell and husband ask what i want...i would look at the menu and get excited and order about 6 different things. i would get so excited over food. Now, i am more excited to get a compliment regarding someone noticing the weight loss.
J4COSKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! This site is amazing. Plenty of support and advise. It's truly a blessing! hehe
Onedaysmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/203.5/168

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on your weight loss so far... and to finally be doing something about it

I've never had a weight problem but it started back in college.... you know, being overwhelmed by so much and just eating out too often. The freshman 15 became the freshman 25. And it's been a battle ever since.

And I'm finally doing something about it as well... no excuses since I'd only be hurting myself and my health in the near future.

From what I've read, you've come to the right site.... so many people with the same exact problem.... but with lots of encouragement

-Jodi
Deepbluecalm is offline   Reply With Quote