Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'4

Default Heya

Just a quickie about me...which will probably end up being not so quick. I'm 25, and I was born without a thyroid, so I've had weight problems since I hit puberty, but it got really bad after my daughter was born 4.5 years ago. I'm not the heaviest I've ever been, but I'm close to it, and even though I'm pregnant, I look down and say, this is not a baby bump. This is a food bump. I'm only 13 weeks along so it's not the baby, although, of course, I can't suck it in anymore because there's someone preventing that. I'm tired of being fat. My husband loves me for who I am and what I look like, and he fell in love with me even knowing I have weight issues. But we both would like to see me feel better about myself, and of course, it would definitely give more confidence in our love life. I've tried Weight Watchers, twice, I tried a scientific diet that practically starved me, I tried a funky program called Weigh Down...Usually my TSH is well within control, but sometimes it just goes a little bonkers and you can tell when I can't get into my pants. I hate...no, I LOATHE exercising. Healthy food isn't a struggle for me, though, especially since I don't seem to be craving junk with this pregnancy. Yogurt, water, fruit, veggies...I can't get enough of them. I'm not much of a candy person, I rarely like snacks, and we don't even keep them in the house because my daughter and husband would devour them. So fruits are the snacks around here. Still, I just can't drop the weight. Ok, that's me.
acrane0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/213/145

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome

Are you supposed to diet when you're pregnant? I would suggest eating healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean meats like chicken and fish. I just remember when I was pregnant with my second child I was heavy where I hadn't lost weight from my first pregnancy and my doctor told me not to go on a diet but to eat healthier and to walk some. I hope you find a thread to help you stay motivated and that you take care of yourself through your pregnancy. Good luck!

PS: I've had a bad thyroid for about 25 years now and I know how hard it has been to lose weight. My doctor told me I have to exercise more than the average person does because just dieting won't work for me.

Last edited by Buttermilk Sky; 03-29-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Buttermilk Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

hi acrane and welcome to 3FC forums. You have a lot going on with the thyroid issue and being pregnant. Good luck with your pregnancy, and after dear baby is born then you can work on your weight loss. Best wishes to you.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote