Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi New to the Forum - look forward to meeting some of you and sharing mutual support

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello, as I'm new to the forum and happy to find this site!

I tend to be an emotional eater and find it hard to keep totally in check without support. Was an OA member, am in recover from Bulimia since '91 but still do find myself emotionally eating.

Worked in eating disorder recovery and was an active 12 step member for years, exercise regularly now and have managed to keep my weight reasonable most of the time.

Need to loose about 10 lbs at the moment but am having a hard time getting started

I would really like to find a supportive thread to get honest with food and share support for wt loss/exercise

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can point me towards a supportive thread, etc

Thanks

Last edited by kathydee; 03-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KATHY ~ congrats on your great success; not too far to go now at all. There are many, many supportive threads here; take a look around and just jump right in wherever you feel most comfortable ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

HI,
I ust to go to OA myself.I'm a overweight/ compulsive eater.I'm trying to eat healthier.Been binge free since 3/9.i should go back to OA but there are alot of meetings out there.I like the ones that focus on overweight people.There are boards online that deal with people recovering from eating disorders.i have a hard time finding overweight compulsive eaters that don't binge ones.If anyone knows of any groups to let me know
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome!

Found a supportive accountability thread already!

It's great to be here.

Last edited by kathydee; 03-24-2012 at 08:06 PM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote