Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Red face I want this to be the last time I start...

Hello everyone,

I am a 25 year old "fat chick", I have been over 200 pounds since 3rd or 4th grade. I don't know what it's like to not be big, but man am I motivated to find out.

I quit smoking February 1st, third times the charm right? I really think I'm done this time. Strike that, I know I'm done. Hopefully, I can find the same motivation to be healthy when it comes to food.

A year ago I was diagnosised with MS. It opened up my eyes to just what its like to have your body fail. I had lost vision in one eye, couldn't walk, couldn't maintain basic hygene on my own, and all the emotional issues that come with that.

Add to that... I had just achieved a major accomplishment of losing 40 pounds. I was going to the gym 3 times a week and working with a trainer. I was good about what I was eating. But then the attack happened and I couldn't walk let alone work out. I gained all the weight back and more. Add to that the emotional eating that happened afterward and it ended up being a gigantic set back.

But, I've (literally) gotten back on my feet. I've moved and found a new job (my last employer fired me shortly after the diagnosis). I'm ready to stop starting this battle, I'm ready to feel overwhelming pride in myself like I did a year ago.

I need some help and support though. I'm contemplating OA meetings but I'm more comfortable online (shocker) though I think I will get to a meeting at some point. A step is a step, right?
hobowithoboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great first step. You'll find a great bunch of people here and a lot of support. Remember, one day at a time, one meal at a time, one pound at a time. Cheering you on to goal
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #3  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!! First off, congrats on quitting smoking! That is a very hard thing to do!

Glad to hear you're ready to get started again! The meeting sounds like a good idea, but I find I got tons of support just from this site. There is always someone to talk to or answer questions.

Good luck to you!!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote