Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default Hello from Oklahoma

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking for encouragement and support. I live in rural Oklahoma and am so sick and tired of being overweight and miserable. My mind is young and vibrant and wants to do so much, but my body is worn out and tired and will NOT cooperate with my mind. I watch the weight loss tv shows and see what they weigh and say, wow, they weigh what I do now and I think to myself, "Is *that* what I look like?!" I have GOT to do something and stop wishing my life away.

So...here I am...and Monday I'll walk into a Weight Watchers meeting (only day they do them in this town). Tonight, I make myself walk in the park and start moving this body again.
okieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hey, one step at a time; the WW's meeting is a great first step. There is a WW forum here you can join too. You will like it here -- come back often and take advantage of all the great support here ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-22-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3  

Hey there! I'm an Okie as well and I've seen a few others around. Good luck with WW! I've heard good things about 'em!
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

OkieRN, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

what part of oklahoma are you in? i grew up in a teeny tiny town in south central, and now live in tulsa...
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote