Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 395/378/225

Height: 5'10"

Default A LOT to lose!

Hi everybody, my name is Kelli and I have a lot to lose. Wow, just typing that out makes me feel a little better lol. By 'A lot' I mean so much that I'm too embarassed at this point to give the exact number... or even a ballpark number!

I've been a visitor to this forum for quite awhile but never really posted, I'm hoping to get more involved.... need some support and an outlet!

I'm 28 years old and have been fat my entire life. It needs to change.
thekellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #2  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Welcome aboard! This is the place to be, and remember...... we've seen it all, heard it all, and done it all. Nothing will shock us. You're among friends.
Find a thread or two that will work for you, and find a plan that you can maintain for the long haul - because you need to stay with it when you're losing and when you're in a slump.

Best wishes!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #4  
CarsonsMama

S/C/G: 192.4/*see ticker*/150

Height: 5'7''

Welcome!
mhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.8/155.0/150

Height: 5'05

Im new here also, so far this place seems great. I adopted the WW program in Setember of 2011 and have lost 34.6 pounds already. I am very proud of myself and am looking for another 33 to reach my goal.
Dont be ashamed of yourself, you have made the first step on your weight loss journey. I wish you nothing but success and hope you stick around to share it with everyone
Samanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #6  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Hi! Welcome, this forum is just great. You don't have to be embarrassed, we all share a common goal even though we go about getting there in our own ways.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 02-16-2012 at 08:59 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 395/378/225

Height: 5'10"

Thanks everybody, I'm feeling at home on the board already
thekellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My recommendation to you is to privately, for now, take before photos, take before measurements and write down your weight. At some point when you are ready, you will be glad that you did that. You will want to share your progress and will want to know exactly how far you have come. Or, you can use that info to help you when times get tough to inspire you to keep going when you can see the progress you have made, even though at that precise moment, you feel stuck.

And welcome aboard!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
My recommendation to you is to privately, for now, take before photos, take before measurements and write down your weight. At some point when you are ready, you will be glad that you did that. You will want to share your progress and will want to know exactly how far you have come. Or, you can use that info to help you when times get tough to inspire you to keep going when you can see the progress you have made, even though at that precise moment, you feel stuck.

And welcome aboard!
Totally second this. You will be glad in a year that you did two things: STARTED! And took before pics.

That wil be the only time you will ever have to be that way again. Because as long as you keep going with your new lifestyle, you will constantly change. And it might not always be a scale thing, which is why you need those measurements. I took before pics and before measurements. Looking at them now, I don't really even look like the same person, lol.. but its SO awesome to have them! So I can look at them and know I'm not ever going back there.

Welcome, Kelli! You are among friends here. Don't be afraid to share, because I'm certain its been said before, LOL.

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #10  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Welcome to 3FC!
I was always big (or huge) too! I never experienced being "normal" and never believed I can do it. But I did it and so can you. It might seem daunting but if you take one day at a time it is actually not too bad. A huge learning experience and in the end lots of fun because it only can get better right? Every pound gets you closer and every 10 pounds or so will make a huge difference. Set some mini goals to guide you along and make sure you celebrate them! Small gifts (not food!) or so help.

Definitely take pictures (for your eyes only!), measure and hop on the scale. You will regret it later if you don't. I didn't take measurements and I only have crappy pictures and I wish I would have done it!

Also, think about throwing your weight out here right away. You are not alone. We have seen it all! It will help you to stick to it (especially when you get a ticker in a month or so) AND there will be people who have been there or are where you are.

Be open with all your fears, struggles and LISTEN. People around here have done and seen it all. And we want to help you.

Oh and start walking. Some people here have started with a few steps only every day and are now 200 pounds lighter and walking miles everyday. You can do it and it works!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Welcome! Don't be embarrassed about posting your weight, or anything else! Nobody is going to belittle you or make you feel bad about yourself! We are all here to encourage you, give our opinion when you ask, answer your questions or just lend an ear!
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #12  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekellz View Post
Hi everybody, my name is Kelli and I have a lot to lose. Wow, just typing that out makes me feel a little better lol. By 'A lot' I mean so much that I'm too embarassed at this point to give the exact number... or even a ballpark number!

I've been a visitor to this forum for quite awhile but never really posted, I'm hoping to get more involved.... need some support and an outlet!

I'm 28 years old and have been fat my entire life. It needs to change.
Good job on posting your weight and AMAZING job on losing already that much! Keep doing what you are doing, it is working!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #13  

Welcome! As everyone else has said,you absolutely do not need to feel embarrassed about anything like that at 3FC - I don't think anyone here has a judgmental bone in their body! I've also never experienced 'normal', so i know how you feel. Stick to it and we can do this!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #14  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

Welcome, I know here you will get some much needed support to help you through your journey. Itīs not going to be easy, and you will have bad days, just donīt give up.

I think it is essential to set little mini goals. Mine are always 5 or 10lbs, and when you hit them it gives you that added boost you need to keep going. I also think taking before photos is a great idea, you can look back in a few months and actually see how all your hard work is paying off.

Never be ashamed of your weight, be proud that you can recognise your problem and that you want to change your life.

We are always here to help! Congratulations and best of luck to you on this journey!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #15  
A child of God :)

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/199 (for now)

Welcome! I also have *a lot* to lose! Everyone is very open and friendly here. My only advice would be to set small, attainable goals. As you can see, my ticker has my mini goal at 250. I couldn't take putting the ticker at the weight I really want to aspire to because it would look SO FAR away lol. It's helping me a lot to set small, attainable, realistic goals because I feel so proud when I meet them -- rather than seeing how much I have to lose and feeling defeated.

Good luck on your journey!
35X35 is offline   Reply With Quote