Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Default New & Ready to LOSE!!!!

Hi, my name is Julie and I have a long journey ahead of me as well, but I NEED to do this! I have a total of 110 lbs to lose to put me at a place I feel I will be comfortable and be able to maintain.

A little about me: I have been a Registered Nurse for over 5 years but about a year ago decided I needed to focus on my son who had just turned 2. I am now a stay at home Mommy, which has brought it's own challenges with it but I really LOVE being able to be with my little man.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to dust off my scale and just about cried when I saw what I weighted 285lbs OMG!!! I weighed 295 when I had my son and couldn't believe I weighed that much (even thought deep down I knew the # wasn't going to be good) I told myself I needed to do something, for Me, My Son, & my overall health. I simply been trying to make better choices when choosing what I put into my mouth. Just today I decided to start keeping a food journal and that is how I came upon this site.

So here is how things have gone so far: Right around Jan 18th I was at 285lbs as of today I am at 267lbs! Not to bad for not having followed any specific diet! I have not incorporated any exercise routine yet (besides chasing around my son LOL), but I have decided to start some type of exercise routine after I have lost 25lbs (I have named this program BABY STEPS since thats what I tell myself every day. Baby step to my goal one pound at a time. My mini goals are set at 25lbs, after I reach each mini goal I will do something special just for me, and my overall goal is losing the 110lbs which will put me at 175lbs. Once I reach that ( and I WILL GET THERE) I will decide where I need to got from there.

I am very happy to have found this site, it just might be that little extra I need to get me to where I need to be! I would love to make some new friends who I can take this journey with!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/175/150

Height: 5'4

great to hear your story. your son must be a lucky guy to have a mother so committed to him!
sounds like the first part of your journey is well underway, baby steps is a great way to look at it.

here to support you
ally4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
(I have named this program BABY STEPS since thats what I tell myself every day. Baby step to my goal one pound at a time. My mini goals are set at 25lbs, after I reach each mini goal I will do something special just for me, and my overall goal is losing the 110lbs which will put me at 175lbs. Once I reach that ( and I WILL GET THERE
This attitude WILL get you to the finish line.

Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/247/150

I can completely sympathize with what you are going through. My baby is 11 months and I gained 85 pounds with my pregnancy. Since I was already trying to lose weight before I had her, this put me at about 295 when I gave birth. It's very hard to look at that number and almost discouraged me. Since, I have come down to 246, but have only seriously been working at it for the last month. I started at 255, so I have lost 9 pounds. I am also a stay at home mom for the time being, "taking a break" from teaching elementary school. Being a stay at home parent is very stressful and that makes it hard to lose weight, but you can do it! I wish you luck on your journey!
Marie14 is offline   Reply With Quote