Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #1  
Skinny girl in training.

S/C/G: 280/277.8/170

Height: 5'8"

Red face Hello from the sunshine state!

Where to begin?? Hmm.. Well, my name is Dianne. I am the mother of 5 beautiful babies and I'm fat. While I have not always been a mother of 5, I have (for most of my life) been fat. The start of this year, I weighed 297 lbs which is WAY too close to 300 for my liking. I vowed to make some changed in my lifestyle this year. Those changes included quitting smoking, saying goodbye to caffeine, and sending junk food packing. Just over a week ago, I got my kick in the pants (so to speak) to get rid of junk food, as well as a blessing-in-disguise jump-start to weight loss. Helloooooooo stomach flu! Prior to getting the stomach flu, my weight had yo-yoed its way down to 286 and after the flu was all said and done, I was down to 280.6 in a mere 3 days. (Holy cow!! Those are Biggest Loser-style results, I thought. But I knew it wouldn't be an everyday occurrence.)
Anyway, just over a week into my official "lifestyle change" (I won't call it a diet, as I've never been good at those), I'm down 2.8 lbs. So, I come to you all, to support and be supported, at a slimming-down weight of 277.8.
I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. I really need people who are going through it, too. I thought I had a weight-loss buddy in a friend of mine, but she's not offering support at all.. Instead, it's more like "ha ha, I lost more than you".
MsDianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Hello, and like they say well begun half done! I am not on a diet too, I am undergoing an eating lifestyle change just like you! And I also had a weight loss buddy but she quit before the first week was over. That's not going to happen here.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #3  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

dianne, i understand completely where you are coming from! 300 was a scary number to see on the scale. especially at the doctor's office where she griped at me about wanting to have kids while being at such an unhealthy weight (her words!) i started at 300ish, worked my way down to 246 over the course 6 months, then got myself back up to 270 over the holidays (that started, for me, in october with my birthday).... so now i'm tryin to get myself back down to where i was before the 3 month food fest started!

everyone here is great, and if you stick around i hope you'll find the motivation you need to keep going! welcome to 3FC!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #4  
Skinny girl in training.

S/C/G: 280/277.8/170

Height: 5'8"

Kitch, it was very frustrating for me that she had that attitude. It made me feel like my "little" 2 lb loss wasn't good enough. Then I realized (as I said in another post) hey, Dianne, don't feel like it's not good enough. A loss is a loss! Thank you for the warm welcome..
Mandy, I can totally empathize with that. I was heavy when I got pregnant with each of mine.. I was at my all-time heaviest when I was pregnant with my 7 yr old daughter-- 325. Seeing that number on the scale made me cry. And cry.. and cry. I vowed NEVER to see that number again. So far, I haven't. But I'd been a little too lax in my exercise, and I'm ashamed to say how I'd been eating. All that's changed now, for the better.. So I'm hoping for some good results.
MsDianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dianne, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #6  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

hi Dianne!
welcome to your new weight loss buddies
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 311/290/165

Height: 5'9

Welcome I understand about the scary 300's. I had a similar experience with a weight loss "buddy" that didn't work out so well. Good Luck!
kentuckygal189 is offline   Reply With Quote