Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi all.

I joined a couple of weeks ago when this site came up on a search on the Body Bugg/Go Wear Fit. I found a great thread I read through all four pages of the posts, which helped me make my decision on which one to go with only to find out today that the activity has appeared to go dead on the thread a couple of months ago.

Any way, I've kind of dieted before, but never really lasted more than a few days. I ended up purchasing the BB and for the last week and a half have been tracking the number of calories I eat & the number burned according to the BB.

First week in I lost 1.8 pounds without really trying to "diet" just watched what I ate a little more & tried to move more to increase my calories burned. I'm trying not to weigh until Monday, which is my weigh in day, but I want to sooooo badly.

Having the BB has been a real eye opener for me about how little calories I actually burn. It's no suprise seeing the numbers that I became quickly frustrated at not seeing a weight loss & gave up.

Ummm, I think that's enough rambling for now.
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome!

Tracking the food we eat, and the calories we take it can be a very eye-opening experience. For many of us, we just never realized how huge our portions were, or just how the little snacks here and there add up over the day.

It's a wonderful thing to see just how much we're eating, and to be able to adjust that amount.

Congratulations on making those changes, and on losing 1.8 in your first week! Keep it up!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kandd, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! You might check out the Calorie Counters or Exercise subforums for a start.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome Kandd, come join us in 100% for 100 days #3 for daily accountability under chicks up for a challenge! We would love to have you!

Last edited by NoMoreKnit; 01-20-2012 at 09:44 AM.
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote