Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/151/125

Height: 5'5"

Default New to forum AND dieting

Hello all, new member here!

I've been on my first ever diet for a week now and I'm doing great! I feel great, I'm not hungry all the time, and I've even started exercising, which is something I've never done willingly a day in my life. I've lost 3-4lbs this week so far, which isn't a healthy sustainable rate of loss, I know, but I am happy with it for now. If I keep losing at that rate, I'll have to adjust my calorie intake and exercise levels to slow that down a bit. My main goal is better health, but at 5'5" and 155lbs, I can stand to lose a good 25-35lbs.

I've been lurking here the past week and have gained some really good information from all of you friendly folks. I also learned that dieting doesn't have to be a painful, restrictive experience. In fact, I can't remember when I last ate this good or felt this good! I've always associated dieting with denying yourself one thing or another, be it sugar, or carbs, or food amounts, or calories, or whatever and though I've tried, I never made it past the first day.

I do log what I eat and how much. I also log all of my exercise. I have an app on my phone that is helping me tremendously with this task. I'm not following any 'plan' really, I just decided a low calorie, low carb, high protien approach would be worth trying, and it's the best thing I've ever done! Well, maybe the 2nd best...I quit smoking nearly a year ago and that's really THE best thing I've ever done for myself!

So, I'd like to say thanks to everyone for the wonderful information and INSPIRATION to start this journey! I hope I can in turn be as helpful to others that find their way here looking for hope.
meetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! You have made a good start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

You are doing all the right things! You're reading and learning. Your plan is flexible and open to change! Excellent! We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Meetzer, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote