Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Red face Back after a long time...

Hiya~ I've been away from this site for a long time.. I have been overweight, I've been obese as long as I can remember.. I was never educated as to what the side effects of emotional eating would do to me.. I ate from loneliness, boredom, happiness, depression, etc... About 7 years ago was my first real attempt at loosing weight.. I quit smoking & followed South Beach Diet principles for 6 months.. (that's about when i found 3FC for the first time) lost 60 lbs.. ,went from 280 to 220... got bored... quit SBD, gained it all back in a few years.. Then I followed WW.. Lost some weight ... then quit & gained it all back & then some.

As 2012 as arrived, I have been psyching myself up begin again... Determined to stop the yo-yo cycle. I'm 43, 290lbs... & looking for a plan, I can live with for the rest of my life.. I'm thinking I'll give WW eating plan another go...(though not fully convinced) Unfortunately I'm unemployed & when I need to decide whether I'm going to by food or pay a weekly membership, grocery shopping wins out.

Yesterday, I tracked what i ate.. (including the full size bag of corn chips ) Yes.. I am aware I can't have them in the house... I have roommates, who can...so need to find a balance somewhere... Countering the bad eating yesterday, I signed up to volunteer dog walking at the Humane Society & walked dogs for an hour.. ( It's beneficial to all concerned!)

I was given a bicycle & went on a 30 minute bike ride today... it kicked my butt, but i feel good... it was on this bike ride that I remembered 3FC... and the great support I got from folks here in the past..

"They" say it's harder to lose weight the older you are... So I am determined to loose & maintain my weight before getting much older. So here I am... Once again, I'm at the beginning... focusing on increasing my exercise & tracking my eating habits & reconnecting with 3FC!

(I'd love to find a weight loss buddy with similar weight loss goals to help keep me in check & vice versa. PM me if interested)
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! We're glad that you thought to come back to us. We want to help.
So ... you already know that you need to find a few threads and keep coming back. You never have to be alone and discouraged!!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks! Feels good to be back!
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Indigal, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 40-somethings and Weight Watchers groups.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote