Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #1  

Wink I do believe it's about that time...

Hi!

I'm 33, at least for a few more weeks, and I've always been fat. At my smallest, I was a size 12. That was in 6th grade, and I dropped from an 18 the summer before by hiding in my room and dancing to the radio obsessively for 6-8 hours a day. I looked like one of those poor kids on Maury.

Currently, I'm 5'3", in a 24 and run right around 300#, give or take a few depending on when I weigh in. My weight has been fairly stable there for the last couple of years - I suspect because I can't physically eat any more than I already do. I've got a couple of big motivators right now, though.

1. My cousin just died, and had to be cremated because he was too big for the family to afford to bury him. And it had to be done in another town because none of the local places could handle him. That scares me - I don't want that to be me.

2. I recently started a fantastic job with great people, who are all pretty fitness oriented. Many of them are marathon runners. We're also working in the city, and they want to walk everywhere. They've been great about it, but I'm tired of slowing the group down or being the last one lurching back to the office after we go out, trying to catch my breath. It's roughly 1/4 mile from the parking lot to my office, and it takes me a full 5 minutes to walk it. I try to time my arrival not to run into anyone so I don't have to try to walk and talk at the same time on the way in.

3. I'm going to my friend's wedding in July. In Vegas. That means a 6-8 hour flight alone (so I need to prevent as much seat spillage as possible) to a hot place (I don't want to pass out between the plane and the airport) and then I have to put on a dress and some heels when I get there (and I can't pull either of those off anymore).

4. I already signed up for the "Run For Your Lives" zombie 5k for next October. I don't want to be the first to "die", and the signup fee is non-refundable!

Not sure yet just how I'm going to do this or exactly what my goals are going to be yet - I'm giving myself until the start of the new year to figure the specifics out. Right now I'm thinking about keeping it simple, eating more conciously, taking motivational "before" pictures and joining a gym. I thought a good first weight goal would be 275 (25 down) and then go from there.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by mcflubber; 12-28-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Missed a goal
mcflubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #2  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome to 3fc! Your starting stats are almost identical to what mine were. I know exactly how you're feeling. I even went through the same weight loss in my younger years with dancing in my yard with my best friend lol. It seems like you have a great plan already. Small steps and simple changes are best.

The zombie 5k sounds like so much fun... I really wish there was something like that here where I live. Very creative!
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Hi. Wanted to post on your intro since you kindly posted on mine.

I too have always been the bigger girl. Our current weight is almost identical. Hope we can motivate each other.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #4  

BK, I went to the last one as a volunteer, and it was hilarious. They're expanding every year, one could come your way any time! How long did it take you to drop your 60?

MG, thank you I hope so, too. Your profile pic is beautiful, btw - I'm not brave enough to post one yet myself!
mcflubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!! I don't know if I could do the running; I could walk it though.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Aw, thanks so much. It just happens to be one of my favorites for obvious 'non double chin' reasons.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote