Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/juststarted/140

Height: 5'9''

Talking New Year resolutions started early!

Hello there! : )
My name is Yvonne, I'm almost 20 & and I'm 35lbs heavier than what I aspire to be.
I had my fair share of struggle with my weight, binge eating, and my life. Actually gaining and losing weight I think is a barometer that shows how good (or bad) I feel. I had a rough time in High School. I'm not sure why, I think I just didn't know how to get past my adolescent insecurities. After being on a starvation diet (that I didn't need) I gained 50lbs (187lbs was my heaviest) over the course of two years and a diet-binge eat hel.l where I made 1 step forward and 3 steps back. In the senior year I started feeling better, and I lost about 15lbs the healthy way. How ever, I didn't deal with binge eating. It has gotten better but it's still there. For the next year and a half I pretty much maintained the weight. Then, when preparing entry exams for university this spring, I unconsciously put a few pounds back on.
And that leads me to fall of 2011. I got into university, I am making new friends, I'm pursuing my goals and I finally feel good about myself and my life again. I am right where I should be and I'm headed in the right direction.
I had also started making real progress in terms of binge eating in these past three months, and that caused me to lose 3lbs without really trying.

Now I want to start being a bit more serious about my fitness. And I have big goals. When I picture my future, I always see myself as a fit person who makes personal health and fitness a big part of her life.
Recently I read two good books, Jeff Olson's Slight Edge and David Hardy's Compound Effect,both are about the same thing: how small things add up in a big way over time. And I'm taking that approach. This really is not a diet for me, it's a lifestyle change and I'll take baby steps, but I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl. I plan to start with small changes, but I'll stick to them and I'll be consistent. I also now I'll fail and stumble along the path, but when that happens I promise to stand right back up and keep going, as opposed to beating myself up and throwing hands up in despair. I don't know how long it will take me, but I am convinced I am going to do it!

I also plan to stick to this forum, so you'll definitely be seeing me around! I am looking forward to meeting you all and being part of your journey and I am glad you'll be the part of mine!

Last edited by Fit in 2012; 12-11-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Fit in 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan. You will get a lot of support on this forum. Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote