Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Default Advice please- anyone recognise these signs.........?

Hi - I'm at my heaviest weight yet at 206 pounds - this after many years of yo yo dieting on every weight loss regime under the sun - sprinkled with short bursts of traditional/latest fads in exercise - so I'd very much welcome your thoughts on how to go about it the right way this time

My first step so far is joining 3fc after many browsing sessions - I'm really enthused with all the honest and open comments and the supportive nature of the forum - I'm not fully confident that I'll be successful but I've made a promise to myself that whatever happens I'm going to regularly read 3fc advice/comments and ask for help when I need it and try to support others if appropriate (like many others with weight problems I'm pretty knowledgeable about nutrition/diet/exercise but I've spectacularly failed to put the theory into practice. Often because I've set myself unrealistic targets etc)

I'm thinking of hiring a personal trainer - depending on cost but I reckon I should make substantial savings on my food bill by eating sensibly

I'd be very grateful for any advice on how to stick to a long term plan to improve my health, fitness and confidence by reaching my target weight. I think my major stumbling blocks are my lazy attitude and failure to make time to exercise and lack of motivation and lack of respect for my body/health/wellbeing. Thanks for reading this and good luck to you all
cariadcymraes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280.4/260.2/215

Height: 6'4"

I can say this, I started Medifast a few days ago. While it is undoubtedly challenging, so far it is working well. I have done the same thing with the yo yo dieting. Lose it all, gain it back. I have tried atkins, phentermine, etc. All with the same result. I lose it only to put it back on. Here is what I like about Medifast so far. I have lost 11 pounds in 4 days.

Their counselors call me every day to check up on me. Answer questions, etc.

It is a long term plan. Im in this until August of 2013. Their are 3 phases. Lose the weight, transition back to "regular" food, and then a year of maintenance. I obviously haven't gotten to the transitional or maintenance modes but that is what I am hopeful will be the difference for me.
FatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #3  

Thanks FatDude - I wish you well and I'm impressed with your initial weight loss - I'll check out Medifast - good luck - I'll try to follow your journey
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280.4/260.2/215

Height: 6'4"

I have a LONG way to go. Im happy to be off to a fast start, I always seem to lose it fast initially but then put it back on. My goal is to get there this time and STAY. I look and feel great at 210-220. I have to keep reminding myself that being "thin" feels better than anything tastes.
FatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome. Your story sounds a lot like mime. I went on many diets. lost, regained and did this over and over . I tried all the diets or so it seemed. Never had a personal trainer although I did belong to a gym. I found that for me Calorie Counting works the best, it is reliable, flexible, non restrictive and will teach you how to maintain your loss and it is FREE. A good diet plan and exercise will cause the pounds to fall off, I find it is not necessary to belong to a gym or have a personal trainer to succeed. Walking is great exercise, swimming is great exercise, there are all kinds of exercise DVD available. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-08-2011 at 07:36 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5'10

Welcome! I'm new here too, and it sounds like we have a lot in common as I can attest to pretty much every diet under the sun and yet, I am the heaviest I've ever been. The support on these forums is awesome!

Good luck!
DoxieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
I'd be very grateful for any advice on how to stick to a long term plan to improve my health, fitness and confidence by reaching my target weight.

One-day-at-a-time ... one-meal-at-a-time ... one-bite-at-a-time ... and one-lb-at-a-time (yeah, Kaplods) ... good luck ... you can do it!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #8  

Thanks again - sorry for the delay - I've been ill - and I've been eating everything in sight - oh dearbut I'm planning to get back on track tomorrow
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #9  

Thank you Bargoo - I'll definitely carefullyconsider your advice - it's obviously working brilliantly for you - I'm so impressed with you weight loss - you must be so proud of yourself
Old 12-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #10  

Thanks and welcome to you too - I wish you well on you journey - I hope to be able to follow your progress along the way!!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #11  

Thank you Justwant2Bhealthy - it was lovely to receive your message of support and advice - I'd be so pleased to do just half as well as you - congratulations - it's motivating to us newbies to read success stories!!