Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Here for a slightly different reason....

Greetings ladies!

My name is Tara. Nice to meet you all

I'm a young professional looking for a little tough love and motivation. I'm currently 5'10 and last I checked, about 180 lbs.

2 years ago, I got out of a relationship, lost 25 lbs and went on a 2 year partying celebration-of-the-single-life binge! 150lbs is probably my ideal weight.

Well.. reality has since caught up with me and I've gained back EVERY pound, maybe even more. I'm scared to check.

Now my real issue is, I recently got a job as a waitress/shooter girl in a local pub and.. this is going to sound horrible... but all the attention from customers is nothing but good and I'm having a hard time being tough on myself. The only time I get upset about my weight is when I try to fit in my clothes from last year which clearly don't fit. So I've just given up entirely and seem to be avoiding the issue.

I don't mean to sound like I'm not motivated, because I am... but I like a little abuse when it comes to weightloss. Some real critiques and honesty. Compliments when you've gained weight doesn't make it uber motivating to deprive yourself from booze and ice cream. and cookies. :S

PS mmmm cookies.

I know we all have different goals and we all reach them in a way that works for us.

From what I've read, there are some really motivational stories here and interesting people. I've been lurking for the last 2 weeks just debating if this will work and I think it will.

I look forward to sharing stories and tips with you all!
rehabis4quitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think 150 pounds sounds about right for your height. Do you have an exercise, diet plan ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10

Hi Bargoo!

I lost the weight before through sweating my *** off at bootcamp every morning for an hour for 2 months straight.

I don't have the time or energy for that yet.. but I borrowed a treadmill from my pregnant neighbour.

I have generally healthy eating habits, but I eat larger portions. I was a vegetarian previously so I'm used to eating a salad for 25mins and feeling stuffed. When I'm eating meaty stuff and pastas, I find I can wolf it down in 10mins. then I go for seconds then I'm too stuffed to function

So for the last week I've been walking on steep incline every morning just for 15mins. I find Im sleeping better but obviously not losing much weight. I think this place will be a good motivator. I'll post some pics within the week too I hope!

Do you have any suggestions to kickstart my butt? what;s your best tip?
rehabis4quitters is offline   Reply With Quote