Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default With a little help from my friends...

Soooo... I'm new around these parts. I tend to talk a lot, so I'm not sure If I'll be spending more time blogging or on the forums. With that said, I am in a serious need of some support.
My life was in a spiral for the last few years and it's just now hitting the point where I realize what's going on. Being addicted to food and emotional puts me at the highest weight of my life- a number that I never thought would be possible for me.
As hard as biting the bullet and getting healthy is going to be, I think it's going to be harder to do it around my boyfriend who can eat anything and not gain a pound. How do you have that conversation with someone who doesn't need to change, and is trying to do good by you, but is actually hurting your chances of success?
Winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #2  

Does he at least support your plan for weight loss? I think that is probably the first step. He is always probably always going to be able to eat different than you; and that is OK, as long as you can respect and support each other.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #3  

Yeah - I'm not sure he takes me seriously yet since I've been back and forth about it all since we've been together. It's just a pain to have to do the double meals and double grocery shopping. And working a full time job means when I get home I work out - not spend time with him. I feel like I'm going to have to sacrifice him and I don't want him to think that.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #4  

Give yourself sometime for both of you to get used to the changes. In your own mind be clear on your eating and workout goals. Remember this is for yourself and taking care of yourself always makes one better able to be in relationships of caring with others.

You might inspire him, you both might reach compromise, or you both may find this is a deal-breaker that the relationship won't survive - but it is too soon to know anything right now so try not to focus too hard on the negative. The positive is that you are getting yourself healthy and focusing on the changes you need to make for you!
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #5  

lol - he's stuck with me. But yes, I suppose I should probably TRY before I ASSUME it's going to be too hard. =) Thanks guys. It's just going to be a lot to get used to at first, but that's why I'm here, right? =)