Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/175

Height: 6'0"

Default Here for support to lose some weight pre-wedding

Hi everyone! I'm Liddell and I'm 24. My fiance and I just got engaged on October 9th and have set our wedding date for September 29th, 2012. I am currently over weight by about 130 lbs and I would like to lose at least 75 of that before my big day.

I have chosen to use the Smart for Life cookie diet to do this. I chose SFL because I have had success with Medifast in the past, but I have developed an intolerance to soy based products and Medifast is pretty much all soy. I'm a little nervous to get started because I remember how awful and cranky I felt the first 3 days on MF. That is why I am not starting until this Friday which is the start of my weekend. I figure if I'm going to be in a bad mood I might as well be in a bad mood alone.

I'm so excited to be a part of this site. I loved the support I got when I was on MF but the site I was on was for people useing MF only and SFL doesn't seem to offer a support forum through it's site. I love meeting new people and sharing in their weightloss journeys.

4 more days until I start my program. YAY! Is anyone else useing Smart for Life? How is it working for you?
Liddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231.5/229.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the engagement!

I lost 30 lbs before my wedding (the most successful I have ever been losing weight thus far). The thought of my huge stomach in a wedding dress disgusted me, and was also the best motivation!

It became must more difficult to lose the couple months prior to the wedding...I was so busy with wedding plans (and school), that I was only able to maintain my 30 lb loss and I didn't lose anymore.

Be careful after the wedding! I regained all of the weight, plus some, within a couple months. It was very difficult without the "having to look good in a wedding dress" motivation.

Good luck! Really, an upcoming wedding is great motivation.

Oh, and corset-back dresses are the best....I laced mine to the point of not breathing for ceremony/pictures, and let it out a little for the partying
pizzaloveresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. I have not heard about the SFL diet but I hope you have great success on it.
Best of luck on your weightloss goals!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #4  

Smile

Hi - I am new to this site, but wanted to let you know that I started SFL 10/23/11 and lost 9 lbs in the first week. I too have been on Medifast and lost about 35 lbs, but did gain it back. I will follow what SFL says about dieting and exercising - that first you diet, then to maintain your weightloss, you exercise. Hopefully this time I will not gain the weight back. Good luck to you!
steph123 is offline   Reply With Quote