Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #1  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey, new girl here!

Hi, I'm Leah. I'm hear to try to stay focused on weight loss. I tend to get distracted by life and slowly get off of eating healthy. I'm addicted to candy so I'm trying to cut back.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your weight loss goals!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:03 AM   #3  
Shrinking Southern belle

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'3

HI,

I know how you feel, I was working out hard core 6 days a week and eating super healthy and then I got sick and got busy at work and before I knew it I wasn't following all of my new healthy habits. But, I got back on the horse and I"m doing great now.

Congrats for getting back on that horse!!!!
tommienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #4  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I moved twice this past summer and so it kind of became an eat what you can, when you can sort of situation. Top that all off with some sort of digestive disorder that the doctors have been unable to diagnose. I can't be hungry without severe sharp pain similar to heartburn but not, so that means I've been constantly eating to keep the pain away. That makes it quite difficult to calorie count. But I've started breaking up the meals into really small but consistent portions through out the day. That has helped with keeping my calories within a healthy weight loss range and the pain minimal. Although, being a college student, it gets really hard sometimes with my schedule to eat regularly or remember to bring snacks with me and if the pain comes on I'm very susceptible to fast food to fill me up. Mostly because its cheap and it's the extent of what I can afford.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/145/119

Height: 58 in.

You know, the pain you're describing sounds a little bit like what I felt in the past. Turns out I had gallstones and a hiatal hernia. The pain subsided on its own, but reflux often comes and goes. I sympathize with your student schedule conflict, too. I've learned to bring a lot of little things in a lunch bag, sometimes more than I think I'll need/want to eat, just in case.
M O O N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 AM   #6  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

I would (if you haven't already) have the docs check the gallbladder.
Other than that, welcome. If you have a smartphone there are a lot of free apps out there to help keep you on track depending on the diet of your choice. Good luck!
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote