Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Student Intro

Hello all,

I don't really know where to start. I apologize if this introduction is a bit muddled.

I'm a grad student. As long as I can get through this semester, I will graduate with an MLIS degree in December.

I work at the circulation desk at a library. I'm a proud bibliophile.

I'm fat. I'm overweight. I'm unhappy and have been for a long time.

January 2011, I was inspired by a set of weight loss stories that I read on Yahoo. I vowed to change everything and *finally* get down to 160. Obviously, I have failed. However, that's certainly not for lack of trying. I joined a gym, completed C25K, and started a lifting workout my brother made for me. I switched gyms and fell in love with Zumba and Bodypump. I've tried South Beach, calorie counting, and most recently Paleo.

Since January, I have lost absolutely nothing. Measurements haven't changed either. I'm about beyond frustrated which eventually led me to this site. This site looks so wonderful and has so many discussions, I'm hoping I can find something to finally kick start some weight loss.

In August, I went to the doctor and she did all sorts of blood tests and things. Thyroid is fine and she didn't find anything else obviously wrong. In September, I switched from Depo, which I was on for three years, to Mirena. I'm hoping this helps. I'm also going to be tracking everything I eat through DailyBurn to see where I'm going wrong food-wise.

I'm not ready to give up. Not even a little bit. I'm done letting my weight get in the way of life.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Last edited by deweyandcupcakes; 10-23-2011 at 08:53 PM.
deweyandcupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #2  
Lok'tar Ogar!

S/C/G: 248.6/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I'm sorry you've had such trouble losing weight. I hope that it won't discourage you to keep going. Good luck on your journey. We are here for you!!

Also, hello from one fellow circulation deskie to another!!
Soft Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! I think tracking your food is a great way to make sure your daily calories are where they need to be!!! Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote