Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile new member hello everyone :D

Good day everyone

I wanted to quickly introduce myself I have been browsing the site for a few days now and see a lot of interesting things on here. I had lost a lot of weight about 4 yrs ago I was down to a size 14, then suddenly my pants didnt fit anymore and I found out that I was pregnant, we had my daughter who is now 3yrs old. When she was 2mnths old I found out that I was pregnant AGAIN lol so 2 babies back to back now my son is 2yrs old.

But now I am 280lbs I have never been able to breastfeed I am tired all the time, depressed and feel like I have no time to do anything blahh

but I need to lose this weight its dragging me down my back and joints are sore all the time and im always tired and dont feel good

Any tips for me starting out again would be great

thanks all
ChickyWingBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!
My advice would be to find a food plan that you can stick to long term and will fit with your lifestyle.
Second, start by making small changes first. Drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, move a little more.
Third, do not look at the total number you want to lose. Break it down into mini goals. This will help keep you motivated and will give you confidence that you can do it!
Lastly, do not give up. Even if you have a bad meal, a bad day or week, keep going.
You can do it!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Don't diet, change your life. Those who go on diets almost always gain it back, usually with change. Keeping it off requires changing the way you look at food for the rest of your life. Find what works for you and run with it!
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #4  

now i just found out my BMI is 43% which is the 90th percentile for weight

thanks for your tips I am sure they will help

Last edited by ChickyWingBang; 10-07-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

Welcome! Looks like we have pretty similar stats. I lost a bunch of weight about a year and a half ago and then got pregnant with my son, so am almost starting back from scratch myself. Breaking it down into mini-goals as NEMom suggests is definitely very helpful, and makes it a little less overwhelming.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #6  

wow we could be twins lol, I have lost weight before twice actually I got down to about a size 14 then hit major plateaus and just gave up, I feel like it will be harder this time around because I much older now, I am going to give it my best shot though, I actually weighed myself today and am 273.5lbs woohoo
Old 10-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

That's a great start! I have tried a few times before, and always ended up giving up myself. I want this time to be different, so I can give my little guy an active mom who can keep up to him. I'm hoping that, since I haven't been able to do it for myself successfully, I can do it for him.
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #8  
Awesome ;D

S/C/G: 202/195/116

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I'm a newbie here trying to lose weight too. I know how hard to can be to lose weight then gain it all back again, I went from 190 to 165 in a few months, then up to 202 before I decided to give my diet another go. Every pound lost counts, just start by gradually doing a little exercise and then working your way up. I went from doing pretty much nothing at all to walking 3-4 miles a few times a week, but remember it takes time. Good luck!
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote