Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 313 / 225.25 / 135

Height: 5'4

Default New to the site, hi all!

Hey all. I've browsed this forum for weeks for motivation and finally decided to throw up my introduction. I'm 25 years old and gained quite a lot of weight since college that I need off. Met the love of my life and want to move forward. Currently unemployed. I have a fallen arch in my right foot which causes me a tremendous amount of pain if I spend too much time standing on it, especially now that I have that much more weight on it. I also have acid reflux or GERD. I want to get healthy, I'm tired of feeling tired and want to drop pounds and feel like I did in High School again!

My lowest weight ever was 180 pounds (aside from being a kid obviously) which was a year or so before college. I had a great time at college but had a huge upset my third year, bad roomates, hard classes. Kind of loss control then and found comfort in food I suppose. I'm paying for that now as I've gained over 100 pounds and would like to once again lose weight. I lost 60 pounds during high school, starting at 240 and getting to my low weight. I felt SO healthy at 180 despite it still being considered obese. I'd like to lose 100 pounds or more. I've recently joined Weight Watchers and have lost around 8 pounds now. Tuesday will be my 4th weigh in! Hope I fit in with this community and frequent it more now that I've broken the ice!

Getting this change on its way!
KD1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

A big welcome to you We are always glad to welcome new people to the site to help and motivate. You've lost the weight before so you know you can do it again.

Good luck and congrats on your loss so far
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

We're all happy to have you join us!

Since you've been browsing you might already know about these sections, but they still might be good places for you! The 300+ Club, the 100lb Club, the 20-something's AND the Weight Watchers area (under Diet Central).

There are also Challenges to join and all sorts of other support areas.

Post wherever you're comfortable and I hope to see you around the boards
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #4  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome and congrats on your 8 lb loss so far with WW!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

KD, I really know how you feel. Something very similar happened to me. I was at my lowest weight going into college and gained quite a bit since then (probably 70 lbs). Good luck with your journey, and congrats on losing 8 lbs so far!
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Welcome to 3fc!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #7  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/241/165

Height: 5'6"

Default I am new also, we can buddy-up

Hey there! I have also gained my weight because of emotional eating from the stresses of college, partially. I decided at the age of 40 to return to college to work in the healthcare industry. This is my fourth year, I ran the whole gamete of types of classes, from human resource development to continuing ed. to now, curriculum. It has been very difficult with lots of adjustments. I also put too much pressure on myself to make all A's. My college is on a 7 , not 10 point scale, ugh! If I have a 92.99, that's a B, not an A. Makes it that much harder to maintain a 4.o GPA.

Food has been my crutch, one I do not think I need anymore, and I know I do not want anymore.

I am hopeful this site will provide me with support and validation. Thanks to all!
HealthyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/241/165

Height: 5'6"

I love the rings, (ur profile picture). I am newly engaged and have to look at my ring to believe it really is happening.
I also gained all my weight from college, currently, and I still have a few years ahead of me.
HealthyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

I'm new too. I gave birth to my first child back in June, and I think it's time I finally lose the weight so that I can keep up to him when the time comes!
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/151/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I'm new here too, trying to lose weight to feel more healthy. It's great having other people to help motivate me!

-TJ
goTJ is offline   Reply With Quote