Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #1  

Default Whats the very hardest part of losing weight

hi all

Whats the very hardest part of losing weight?

is it time? motivation? keeping up the exercises or just counting them boring calories.

Me, mines just boredom eating in the night
chocolatehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

For me, it was finally accepting it was a lifetime journey. I could not diet for awhile and stop dieting and "eat normally." I had to change how I normally ate for the rest of my life.

For nighttime eating - brush, floss, rinse after your last planned meal. Food tastes yucky with toothpaste mouth, plus, who wants to do all that work again before bed?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #3  
Je suis prest

Carbs... evil, evil carbs!!
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/254.2/158

Height: 5 ft 7 in

For me, at this moment, it is eating out! I love how easy it is to pick up a pizza on the way home from a long day (and it tastes so good too!)

In the long run though it always seems to be making life style changes for good. I am always hoping I can diet for a while and then go back to "normal" eating but I know I have to change my habbits to lose for good
manders31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #5  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Right now I am afraid it might be maintaining. I pretty much breezed through my weight loss with good food and lots of new experiences. So now I am worried about reaching goal and gaining it all back!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #6  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Following the plan every day. Every day. Every day.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #7  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

For me, it's socializing. People want to meet for dinner. People want to invite you over to dinner. People bring snacks to game--they're having chocolate, and you're having seaweed. People want to go for ice cream. People like it when you cook your pasta alfredo, never mind that there's about eight jillion calories in it. And everyone wants your rare splurge to be the thing that they want you to do. It's not so bad now, but at my old job, it was awful. Everyone wanted to lose weight, and everyone wanted food days. It was madness.

Also, it's hard when you realize that, rain or shine or dark of night, no matter how crappy you feel, you're gonna stick to your plan. Granted, my plan is calorie counting, so dinner being beef jerky isn't technically off-plan, but still. Mom made twice-baked potatoes and invited you for dinner? Welp, you've still gotta be on plan, even though her twice-baked potatoes are so good they make Chuck Norris beg for mercy. Case of the Monday blehs? Too bad; go to the gym and lift anyway. Friend wants to meet at your usual work-out time? Get up early and do that stuff.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #8  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Yea! That's what I miss! Eating out when I wanted.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

A lot of things bother me, but the one that gets me the most is that my family, esp. my husband don't seem to have any consideration for my diet. I can go out for a walk, or go exercise and be gone an hour. But the minute I walk through the door, they are like, lets have ice cream or chips or what not. I was gone, why couldn't they have done it when I wasn't around. Or my husband will say, I want hot wings, wanna go get some? Really? I know I can't expect them not to eat all of the goodies, but do they have to do it right in front of me. Or buy some lowfat ice cream for once.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #10  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatutu View Post
A lot of things bother me, but the one that gets me the most is that my family, esp. my husband don't seem to have any consideration for my diet. I can go out for a walk, or go exercise and be gone an hour. But the minute I walk through the door, they are like, lets have ice cream or chips or what not. I was gone, why couldn't they have done it when I wasn't around. Or my husband will say, I want hot wings, wanna go get some? Really? I know I can't expect them not to eat all of the goodies, but do they have to do it right in front of me. Or buy some lowfat ice cream for once.
Not very considerate but see it as a test/prep for real life. You will always be surrounded by people who eat stuff that is tempting but not good for us.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/265/150

Height: 5' 5"

For me it is holding myself accountable. I know what I am eating is not right but I make a convincing excuse for not sticking to my meal plan. It easier to tell myself I will work it off at the gym then to put the cookie down.
Light Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

I suppose the hardest thing is dealing with those moments. Those... difficult moments... when all I want to do is eat x food, or skip my movement for the day. When I can't make myself care about what the scale will say, or how long it will take me to get to my goals.

I have to say that those moments are (luckily) few and far between, but when they hit... they hit hard.

Thank goodness I made the decision that my goals are not based on weight, but rather on STAYING here. Regardless of the days that I'm feeling off.. if I'm just here and making better choices 9 times out of 10, I will see results and I will be healthier in the end.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #13  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelm View Post
Following the plan every day. Every day. Every day.
I second this. FOREVER.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/278/150

I have trouble with snacking at night too. And I never want an apple at midnight. I want a cookie or carbs or some other bad for me food. I also have trouble with sticking to it EVERY DAY. Then when I slip up, I tend to give up.
Hillaryspeppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #15  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

For me it's- the friends and family who aren't really accepting of it, or are jealous, or who try to get you to eat "normal" foods because they still do.

And, seeing myself differently. I know I've lost weight, I have to constantly look at photos, When I look in the mirror I still see the girl who was 40 pounds heavier, with chunks of flab everywhere. Same with clothes, I didn't think I was a 16, I was sure they wouldn't zip up. And a friend mentioned to try on the Large sized tops at skinny girl shops, I really was horrified in even being in a shop without plus sizes she drug me there, and I got a really cute top, and I'm still confused as to how. Basically, my mind just isn't catching up. I'm still int he too big, too uncomfortable mentality.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote