Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/164/140

Height: 63inches

Default new here and stuck in a rut

Hiya all,

I stumbled across this forum while searching google as I am trying to find out if my current progress is normal.
I have been steadily losing weight since May of 2011 but in the last month I hit 165lbs and it now seems like it takes me days to just lose a few grams. I have been sitting at around 163 to 165lbs for a month now and its becoming depressing. I am on the same calorie intake and have not reduced my excercise routine. I have even added running up 6 flights of stairs every day even though its killing my knees.
Is it normal to lose weight steadily and then plateau out?
I still have just over 20lb to reach my goal
susanlove942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #2  
I'm more fab than flab <3

S/C/G: 354.2/334.6/150

Height: 168

this is very normal and you need to shock your body into losing those last few pounds. if I were you not saying you should do this but i might try something like a juice diet diet a week (not stuff from cartons but fruit and veg juiced down) or raw foods. just something that would jump start my system. but what do i know
becckii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

This stall is very normal. How many calories are you eating per day. Sometimes cutting out carbs helps or reducing your fat intake helps. Some people have luck by calorie cycing or adding some weight training into your exercise routine.
My body will lose a couple of pounds and then I stall for about 2 to 3 weeks of the month, losing and gaining the same pounds so I feel your frustration.
Experminement with things but don't give up!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/164/140

Height: 63inches

Thank you both for the advice.
I dont eat potato, rice or pasta so the only real carbs i have is bread but its a light wheat bread that is 35 calories per slice.
I do not count every calorie, but I eat around 1500 calories per day.
I cut almost all fat out of my diet, everything I buy now is no fat or low fat.
The main reason I started to diet in the first place was because of my results of a blood test, my good and bad cholestorol were both really bad and my triglycerides were 346. Heart disease if very prevelant in my family and my brother passed away at age 39, when my Doctor saw the results she said I was a heart attack waiting to happen.
This was the end of May 2011, I just had another blood test, my cholesterol is all within normal range, and my triglyceride was 118.
This was acheived with just diet and exercise so I know I am doing something right which is why I am finding this block so frustrating.
I have a chronic illness which makes most exercise painful.
I used to keep fit from swimming but no longer have access to beach or pool.
I am also at work (including travel) for 12 and half hours per day so the exercise I do is I power walk on the carpet in my office. I do 2 x 15 minute blocks and then 1 x 30 minute block.
I eat every 2-3 hours until dinner then I do not eat after dinner, I may substitute my mid morning fruit for a 35 calories rice cake any more suggestions would be appreciate.
I dont think the juice diet would work for me as all I like is orange juice but thanks for the suggestion
susanlove942 is offline   Reply With Quote