Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Default hello! . . . again . . .

I just logged on for the first time in 3 years. Wow. Back in spring of 2008 I was around 195lbs and losing slowly. VERY slowly. Then things got crazy and stressful, and I moved, and then I got engaged, and married, and moved again . . .

Anyway. Now I weigh 235lbs and I'm sick and tired of being fat. My husband is helping motivate me into going to the gym at least 3 times a week, and I've been doing that for about a month now, which feels great. I haven't seen any weight loss or even body shape change in that time, though, so today I finally got back onto FitDay and started logging my calories. I think I've been eating between 2,500 and 3,000 calories a day. If I can just stay around the 2,000 per day mark, I'll start to be healthier.

Since I was last here my triglycerides are up and so is my blood pressure. I had to go off the Pill because of the blood pressure (hangs out around 140/90, where two years ago even I averaged about 118/76), so now my hormones are wacky and I have horrible periods because I'm using a hormone-free IUD.

I'm tired of feeling tired. I'm tired of worrying that I'm going to get diabetes like everyone else in my family history and heart disease and going to die young. I hate freaking out every time I get a headache because I'm worried it's a sign that my blood pressure is getting worse.

So here we go again. I was really active here once upon a time and it WORKED. Maybe I can do it again.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back!

You. Can. Do. This.

One healthy change at a time. Congratulations on building up your activity! And on monitoring your calories!

Best of wishes on your journey, and no matter what stick around!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Thanks, Lovely.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote