Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default Am i skinny yet?

Am I skinny yet? This is what I have on my new gym T-shirt. I also have one that says 'Work in Progress'.

Hi. I'm Jess. I'm from Canada. I feel like a cow. I just noticed my double chin when I took a video of myself.

I also have PCOS. Does anyone else have this?

I get embarassed when I go to the gym, so I just don't look at anyone and keep to myself. I'm 230 lbs and I'm only 5 foot 1. I was once 130 lbs but after depression and being on meds, I "blossomed".
I'll b e 25 this year.

the hardest thing for me is getting to the gym since I don't drive.. I don't have a lot of motivation or will. It's always "I'll go tomorrow instead"

And my boyfriend and I make poor food choices and even when I tell him I want to start eating healthier, he suggests fast food and I give in.

But.. I'm going to get off this computer now and go for a well deserved walk!!

Nice to meet you all
Jessicarctica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. You might want to check out the Dieting with Obstacles forum on this website. I have read quite a few threads with people who have PCOS. I am sure you will find some good tips and advice there.
Exercise is also a struggle for me. I like it once I get moving but ugh, it can be hard to get going. I have started forcing myself to get up early to work out, giving myself the weekends off, and this seems to have worked for the most part.
Making good food choices is very important. You will have to make more of a stand with your boyfriend on where to eat.
Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi there! Welcome to 3FC! I love the T-shirt slogans! Too funny!

There is a small Canadian thread going, if you are interested. :-)

Edit: Ooops, here is the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4024200

Last edited by josey; 09-08-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added link
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Welcome! You may want to try walking to the gym if it's possible. I don't know how far it is, but I used to do that in college and it was the little extra before and after a good workout.

You can (and will!) learn to make little changes with or without your boyfriend's support. There will always be someone out there offering treats (and they rarely offer healthy food)

A great way to get both of you involved is to cook together! Then you can invest in your health and your relationship at the same time.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5' nothin

Hi Jess. I'm also Jess. Funny thing is: I am 5 foot nothing and about 200 lbs. I used to be about 145 and it was the best I'd ever felt!

I also have PCOS and a very screwed up menstrual cycle. I noticed, when I lost weight, a lot of the PCOS symptoms disappeared.

One thing I loved about the gym was the empowerment. When I was working out and sweating, it was the best thing ever!

I think it's ironic we are so closely related in how our lives are. If you need some support, I'll be here!
magicgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =) Nice to meet you, too.

Best of wishes on your journey and hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #7  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

I was pretty much in your shoes 18 months ago. Almost 230 lbs and only 5 ft tall. You can do it. Just think about how good you feel after a good workout. And don't let your bf bring you down with the food choices. It is up to you what you put in your body. I know it's hard and tempting when your other half is eating bad (but oh so tasty) food in front of you, but you CAN make a better choice. I used to be kind of embarrased at the gym as well but as I lost weight, got stronger and fit and can now go harder, faster and stronger than a lot of other people at the gym, it just makes it so much better and more worth it.
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Hi there!

I suspect you are not the only person in the gym that is there to lose weight! Don't be embarassed just because you are at the beginning of your journey.

Best of luck in your efforts!
baldchocnsexy is offline   Reply With Quote