Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #1  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

Default Hey Everyone, just another newbie checking in.

Hey everyone!

I have already introduced myself in the 300+ forum but just saw this.

I started here almost 4 weeks ago at 371.4 lbs and i am down 10. My weight has always been an issue, from overeating to under eating and back again.

I have a son, he is not even a year old yet. When he was born i swore i would weigh less by his first birthday and have the energy/stamina to keep up with him. I gained more weight. He is about to start walking, then running and i don't want to miss out on being able to chase him and play soccer etc with him as he gets older, just because i am fat.

Right now i avoid going anywhere where there will be lots of people, i used to be very social (when slimmer) and if old friends saw me now, they'd be shocked to see someone who sits away from people, avoids people even when walking the dogs and wont go places for fear of not fitting in seats or taking up too much room. My son cannot grow up like this, i am a SAHM and so he learns from my actions. The only way to solve these problems is to lose the burden of being fat.

I am almost 29, i don't want to hit 30 and still be like this. I am counting calories, even when it's 'bad' and attempting to exercise 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week. It hasn't been happening as much as i'd like but i am getting there. 10 lbs in 3 weeks is good.

Anyway, that's why i am here. I need a place to be accountable, to weigh in each week and to set and achieve goals.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!
fatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #2  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!! 10 LBS in 3 weeks is amazing!! That is huge success! DO NOT GIVE UP! I am glad you are here, every persons story I read is a new inspiration to me!! You are going to do this for yourself and for your son and you are going to succeed! Whatever you are doing, do not stop, you'll have another 10 LBS off in NO time!!! Keep making exercise a #1 priority and keep tracking everything you eat. It's all about accountability and tracking/writing down your calorie intake really makes me accountable and keeps me from over eating!

And I think very importantly, don't stop coming here!! This forum keeps us motivated, inspired and accountable. Keep checking in at accountability threads - it will feel so good to type out how much exercise you did and how much weight you lost that week! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #3  
Unleashing my inner Doll

S/C/G: 320

Height: 5'3"

Default Rock ON!!

Hey i'm a mom to a 15 month old and at last weigh in 317.8, i too avoid going out too much and don't want to see my old friends. if you need support and an understanding pal... I'm here!!! great job on the 10 pound loss!!
Cynamon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Default Great job!

Ten pounds is really quite an accomplishment in such a short period of time. After two "rounds" of a very popular fitness program, I can tell you ten pounds is more weight than I lost on both rounds!

Keep up the great work!
baldchocnsexy is offline   Reply With Quote