Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Back on WW and ready to lose (again)!

Hi All,

I'm Aileen, I live up here in chilly Regina, SK Canada in the middle of the prairies. I have battled my weight for 20 years-most of my life. I was the fat kid, the border-line eating disorder teenager, the yo-yo dieter, the depressed compulsive overeater, but now I am focused on building a healthy lifestyle for myself. I want to leave overeating and disordered eating behind.

I have recently rejoined Weight Watchers. I had some success in the past on the flex points program (lost 17lbs). Prior to joining WW I had some success with losing weight through exercise (lost my first 15lbs or so). I have gone from over 200lbs (don't know my top weight, highest number I can recall seeing was 204lbs, but I know that I probably peaked at close to 215lbs but couldn't bring myself to look at a scale), now I am around 170lbs. I have a current goal of reaching 150lbs, and an ultimate goal of reaching 129lbs. I would love to hear any WW tips or about your success on the program.

I am also training to run a half marathon in February. I've run 3 half marathons and one full marathon over the last 2 years, but am now focused on building speed, whereas before I only focused on endurance and getting to the finish line even if I'm last (that happened!) and even if it takes all day. I have a short term goal of completing a half marathon in 2:15 or less, a full marathon in 4:30, and an ultimate goal of qualifying to run the Boston Marathon (at my current age my goal time is 3:45). Would love any tips from runners out there on building speed and fueling up for runs while trying to lose weight!

Good luck to everyone else out there on your journey!
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Aileen! Welcome to 3FC! It sounds like you've made a decent amount of progress already. I hope to see you around the boards.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

Glad to have you join us I'm a fellow WW member.

There's a Weight Watchers section underneath Diet Central, so if you're interested in information specific to that program and to find others following the WW method then head there to start!

There's also an Exercise area where you can connect with other runners who might be able to give you some great tips.

I hope to see you around the boards and best of wishes with your goals!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote