Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #1  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Default Round 2 - Lets Try This Again!

Hi again everyone.

I think I joined last winter and did a good job of being healthy for about a month and then of course that all stopped.

So I'm back again. I've joined a gym which I hadn't previously, thinking I could lose weight without any exercise. So I am hoping Gym plus Weight Watchers will help me lose 10 LBS in the next month and a half. Thats my goal. Don't know if I can do it but I'm sick of hating myself.

I don't feel fat, or feel plus sized, but when I look in the mirror I look exactly that ... like some plus sized girl and I had no idea I looked like that until recently. Denial?? Don't know.

When I did WW strictly for about 2 months I went down a pant size. I haven't gained it back thank god but I am ready to do some dedicated points counting (and most importantly writing it down and keeping track) plus hitting the gym.

I pray to god I can I lose 10LBS in about a month or so. I feel like shaving off 10LBS will make me feel really amazing. For me thats the first hurtle, just starting and actually LOSING something.

I'm about 180, pant size 14 5'2" ... way too short to be this size.
I really hope by beginning of October I'll be no more than 170 LBS.

Here goes again ladies and gents. I hope I can do it!

Last edited by steinanwine; 09-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome & Best of wishes on your journey!~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/134/130

You can do this. I am also 5'2" and started at 185Lbs., much too large for my frame.

Two years ago I adjusted my diet and became active at the YMCA. I joined cardio sculpt & strength training classes. After 5 months I had lost 47 Lbs. which brought me to a much healthier weight of 138Lbs.

About 1-1/2 years ago I joined zumba classes and became hooked. Much fun!

To date, my weight has stabilized at 134Lbs. and I feel great. And I am now not only participating in the classes, but I am also teaching them . I became an aerobics instructor at the local YMCA in May.

The one thing that I did was to NEVER give up. I chose the group fitness route because I get bored way too quickly to go it alone, and I've met some nice people too.

I hope that this helps to inspire you!

Here's to your success!

BTW, don't know if it makes any difference but I am male.

Last edited by IDontKnow; 09-03-2011 at 09:06 PM.
IDontKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #4  
(slim) shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnow View Post
BTW, don't know if it makes any difference but I am male.
I shouldn't be but I'm actually sad that you are a male. Not that my success is contingent on ANYONE elses but when I read how much weight you lost in 5 months I was like OH MY AGODS HAIDJHFASDKLF!!!!!! Maybe I can do that too???!!! But as soon as I read you were male I thought, Nope, men lose weight differently than women and don't store fat in the same way. I'll never have his success.

Now that I've typed that out I know I shouldn't react like that. You are definitely an inspiration to me. I think my main problem (other than not sticking to my diet goals) was that I NEVER worked out. Now I belong to a gym and I actually don't mind going. Once I'm there I love being on the elliptical and just totally zone out and work as hard as I can. I just need to keep doing that at all costs, never give up and keep going, going, going, whether I have good or bad days.

I have to believe that if I keep going to the gym and really watch what I eat and stick to WW that I will lose weight. I really pray this is so! I can't get discourage now though, just have to think of people like you as an inspiration! If I could be around 130 that would be amazing! I'm only 25 but about 4 years ago I was a size 4, now I'm a 14!!! It's horrible but I know if I work hard and don't give up I can get back to a healthy 6/8/10 in time.

Thanks for your kind words! I will think of you when I work out and know I can do it too!!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #5  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

You should definitely see much better results now with incorporating exercise. Good Luck and you can do it if you really want to.
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/134/130

While it is true that men do lose weight and store fat differently than women, both must work to lose the excess. There is a girl not much older than you who is in one of my cardio classes and she has made an amazing transformation. I'm so proud of her! I don't know exact figures but I would guess that she has lost about 35Lbs in 3 months.

You are on the right path. Before I got too bored and went into group, I would go to the Y each night - 5-6 nights per week - and spend 45 mins. to an hour on the spin bike. On Fridays, I would do circuit training in the weight room on the machines for sculpting - that is, 15 reps per machine across 10 machines, 3 sets. So the total would be 450 reps.

I do recommend classes if your gym has them because it will keep you focused, and some classes are designed to work various muscle groups along with cardio intervals for weight reduction. My favorites are step aerobics and zumba. Both will help you to burn calories quickly and they're great fun too . And don't think that you look silly in front of the others - they're there to do the same thing as you and many of the ones who now look good were at one time where you are now.

If classes aren't possible, perhaps you could find a workout partner. I've done that also - still do sometimes - because with two of you you can keep each other going.

Lastly, don't forget proper dieting and lots of water. Combine this with exercise and you will see great results in minimal time.

Good luck in your journey, and keep in mind the very first thing which I said: YOU CAN DO THIS! GO GO GO!!
IDontKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #7  
(slim) shady

Thank you both SC Vitamin C & IDon'tKnow .... I agree, adding exercise to a serious diet will definitely help, I just have to keep at it! I really WANT to do this SC Vitamin, so I'm going to lose some weight!!

IDon'tKnow - the thought of group classes scares me, I have horrible flash backs of gym class. Maybe I haven't totally given all of myself to this yet, but the thought of being embarrassingly out of breath and struggling to do the moves gives me anxiety. I am definitely going to work up to that because I have a feeling cardio won't take care of everything forever.

Right now I am hoping I can lose 10 LBS with dedicated elliptical/treadmill/bike workouts. For some reason (and maybe its just putting off harder work) I feel like if I can get over this hurtle of 10lbs I'll be stronger, with more endurance and once I see 10 LBS go, I'll be like **** YEAH I'M GETTING MY BUTT IN A CLASS!! .... I do have a friend who I can go to the gym with but she's more hesitant than me! Either way, I'm making this month all about getting on some cardio machines and alternating between machines within each workout.

Thanks for your support again!! I'm so excited to do this! I'm not giving up anymore!!