Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'6

Default Kind of new to weight loss need some help!

Hello there I recently (2 months ago) started cutting back on what I eat and exercising regularly. See, I had always been relatively average person, about 125-130 lbs..then about 2 yrs ago I started to gradually put weight. I eventually weighed 160. I am now about 154..I feel as though for working out everyday and eating less that's not very much weight to loss in 2 months?? I also feel that i've already hit a plateau. Idk if that's possible, but for the last 2 weeks I haven't lost anything, possibly gained a little. I guess I just need some helpful advice How much exercise is enough for a day? I'm trying to eat 1200-1400 calories a day is that good? and also with calorie counting what is the best way to do it? I try my best, but then it seems difficult because you have to take into consideration every little detail!! thanks so much anything would be appreciated!
leannabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #2  

Oops I just realized this was in an introductions thread! So let me start over, my name is Leanna! I'm 22 years old and currently living Atlanta, GA. Yes it's extremely HOT down here and am ready for some cooler weather! I'm still in school and hoping to become a nurse. Some of the things I enjoy most are traveling, hiking, playing and listening to music, photography and movies! I am a huge movie buff! I'm also an animal lover, have two cats named Annabelle and Boo Bear who are my babies I'm here because it seemed like a great group of people who like to help and support each other! look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The way I have seen it from other members- since you don't have much to lose you have to be even more diligent to lose the last few pounds. I believe 1200-1400 calories a day is good, I wouldn't go below that, just be patient and keep going along with it.

Are you actually weighing and measuring all you eat or estimating? Many people underestimate what they are actually eating and that could be your problem?

Either way- even if it's half a pound a week at least it's in a downward direction right?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #4  

Thanks Beerab!

with the calories and measuring, i try my best to keep track of what i'm eating if i have it listed right in front of me. i don't measure things out too much because i don't cook a lot :P but when it comes to eating out i just guess mostly. i probably am underestimating like you said. but you are very right, anything lost is a good thing and i'm just being impatient!! haha. you are doing great thought keep up the good work! and thanks again i appreciate your input very much