Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: dont know/don't know/200

Height: 6'0"

Smile Hello, New here

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am going to be honest, I do not currently know my weight, but I am not feeling the best about myself right now. Last time I was weighed was back in June after having a baby. I was 387 then. I have been eating a lot...mostly emotional eating and trying to kick that habit. Any help would be appreciated...I really need it.
Jette28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'3

Wink

Welcome! And congrats on the baby I am new here too actually. I have lost 70 lbs so far - but still have plenty to go! Getting sick of eating the same things and starting some new ventures (clean eating and a month into a running program), figured I could find some new advice here.
A lot of my friends have asked me what the secret is and what I have told all of them was that - there isn't one. Let's be honest, there is no quick fix and losing weight is not easy, if so I'd be rocking my amazing goal jeans right now! Find what works for you and commit to it.
I will say what has worked for me is writing everything down. Yes, not always convenient, but it forces you to pay attention to what you are eating and the calories you are taking in. I HATED doing this in the beginning but I have gotten so used to it, its second nature to me. It helped me kick my worst habit, which was mindless eating.
My only other piece of advice - start today. I always said tomorrow but really "tomorrow" never comes. I said tomorrow for 20 something years and truly my only regret in my life was not doing this sooner.
Best of luck to you
OnaMission29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #3  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC!

As OnaMission29 said, the good thing is that you are starting you weight loss now instead of putting it off.

I would echo what she said. Writing down everything you eat and tracking the calories is key to sustainable weight loss and maintenance. That is, unless you are using some kind of diet that has another system. For me, I found that buying my own healthy food and tracking what I ate got the weight off slowly and steadily.

Keeping junk food out of the house and having low-cal alternatives on hand is crucial as well.

Good luck in your journey.
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote