Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #1  
quack.

S/C/G: 280/280/115

Height: 5'5.5"

Default First time posting, 'sup peeps?

Hello, my name's Eleana, and I'm new here (obviously). I'm hoping this site can help me lose some major weight. I'm fifteen-going-on-sixteen in October, 5'4, and last time I checked (a few months ago), I weigh 272 pounds.

My ultimate goal is 115 pounds, but, to be honest, I'll accept any weight under 130 pounds.

Tips, suggestions, and advice are ALWAYS welcomed.

Last edited by SmileyGoDance; 08-07-2011 at 08:35 PM.
SmileyGoDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello hello and welcome

One step at a time. Wanting to lose extra weight, and become a bit healthier is a good goal to have.

It might take some time, but every healthy choice you make will get you closer.

Do you have plans? Food plans? Activity plans?

We might be able to point you in the right direction if you can give us an idea of what you'd like to do to start
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #3  
quack.

I'm up for any suggestions exercise wise, as long as it doesn't involve using equipment and food plans would be awesome if they're vegetarian friendly. After I get under 200 pounds, I think I would be able to join a gym (I don't exactly have the confidence right now).

I have had sooooo many problems trying to stick to diets and exercise, but I think I can really do it this time.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

There's a Veggie/Vegan area under the Food section at the bottom of the forums. You might find some good threads there about healthy/balanced veg*n foods.

How about we start with movement?

Honestly, activity can be anything. No equipment involved. It can be your own two feet. Start taking a walk each day around your neighborhood. Or attempt to climb up a flight of stairs a certain number of times in a row a day. It can be a simple DVD, it can even be putting on music in your room and getting up to dance to it for 15 minutes.

The ONLY thing that matters about activity is that you DO something and make it a habit. Could start with 15 minutes. Could start with 5 minutes. Doesn't matter. Do it every day, and you'll feel your tolerance build... and then you can add a few more minutes on.

Remember that the little things count, too! If your parents park further away from stores so you can take some extra steps. If you take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you take a quick walk around your house before actually going inside. It'll add up.

Long as you start. That's it.

So, food...

One of the best ways to eat less is to do the "half" plan. Eat whatever you used to eat, but divide it in half.

Each meal you have gets divided in half. Along with snacks, etc. That way you don't have to immediately change what you're eating, but you can aim to control how much.

Then... after cutting in half... add more vegetables. Raw vegetables and fruits. Doesn't have to be a ton of them to start. But, half the regular meal, then add in a serving of vegetables or fruit.

That'd be a great start for you. You'd be adding in daily activity. You'll be cutting down on your overall caloric intake, BUT adding in vegetables and fruits so the volume of food will be similar.

Add a couple glasses of water in, and commit to following through with the plan for a week to start.

One last piece of advice: No matter what happens, stick to your healthier plans. If you make a mistake or miss a day of activity, put it behind you -immediately- and start up again. Don't for a moment think that one bad choice is the end. It's not. We all make mistakes, but we're still here, because we don't quit.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Hello! I started losing weight in April 2010 when I was 15 years-old.
Now I'm 16 and still working on becoming fit and healthy!

It's quite a rewarding journey. Good luck to you.
I would suggest long walks outside maybe with a pet
or siblings if you have any.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #6  
quack.

Thanks sooo much

I'd love to walk outside, but I always feel like someone is making fun of me. My only form of exercise right now is C25K, it isn't much right now, I know. Hopefully it'll help me exercise more eventually.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyGoDance View Post
Thanks sooo much

I'd love to walk outside, but I always feel like someone is making fun of me. My only form of exercise right now is C25K, it isn't much right now, I know. Hopefully it'll help me exercise more eventually.

Doing whatever little you can/are comfortable with is
SO much better than doing nothing at all!

Remember, you are still lapping everyone sitting on the couch.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyGoDance View Post
Thanks sooo much

Again, doesn't matter where you start. Only matters that you're doing infinitely more than nothing. I think C25K is a great place to begin =) Keep at it.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #9  
quack.

Thanks for all the support! It was hard dieting and exercising before because I had no support whatsoever, but I'm really starting to like it here. All of you guys and gals are superrrrr nice.