Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #1  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Default I feel worthless...

Hi all. My name is Megan, I've been on this site for awhile now. I got down to 143, and I was very happy. Then I fell into a complete depression and slowly over a year and 3 months I put on 40+ pounds. I can't believe I did that to myself. Also, I have PCOS and I've been battling cysts - I guess I used it as an excuse. I also used school as an excuse. I'm in college. Anyway, I'm back...and I never want to do that again. Anyone ever do this before? I feel so worthless right now...
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #2  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

First of all, you have to remember that your worth is not defined by your weight. You are working towards being a college-educated woman, and that, for starters, is worth a lot!

But yes, I let myself gain a lot of weight that I had worked hard to lose because I had a back injury. It wasn't a good excuse, because even though I was practically bedridden at one point, I didn't have to overeat as much as I did. But you know what? I'm picking myself back up, and I'm ready to get sexy again! If I can do it, so can you!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back =)

I actually lost a lot of weight before and put it back on. It can be very discouraging, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You know you can do this. It can be done, and this time it can be done for the LONG haul.

No more excuses. Do what you know you can do. Because you CAN do this!

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #4  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

Height: 5'6"

Hi

You can say "I weigh more than I would like" or "I regret putting on that weight" or "I need to get back on track".....but you don't need to call yourself worthless, because that's not true.

Make your plan, commit to it, and look forward, not back.

Whatever is happening in your life, food isn't the fix. You are a unique and valuable human being who CAN set goals and make changes, as you already have from what you wrote. Please, love yourself and do good things for yourself in health and in your life generally. Good luck.
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #5  
forgetting the past

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it. I'm going to make a set schedule like I did when I lost all the weight before . Also, I will make a list of things to do when I'm upset instead of eat. Thanks again <3
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

You aren't worthless!

You are having to learn to live with an endocrine disorder that has no cure. Who wouldn't be depressed about it at first? It's a lot to learn to handle, not to mention the grief at the dx. But you are not alone and you are NOT worthless.

Come over to the PCOS thread!

And welcome!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-25-2011 at 11:37 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #7  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Come on over to Beck Diet Solution group and you will feel downright wonderful when we're through with you.

all the way around! You are NOT nor were you ever worthless.

Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #8  
forgetting the past

thank you ladies, I will most definitely check those out!