Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9''

Smile Blooming time

Well, people, congratulations! You are the chosen ones. Destiny lead me here to share with you the incredible feat of losing my 30lbs of fat.
Hahah, just kidding.I've been lurking the forums for a long time, and 3fc is definitely the most complete and diverse forum on this topic on the Internet. The best forum, I praise all of you guys who make this such a warm and supporting community. And I am finally ready to become one myself

I'll try to be brief:
My name is Ivona, I'm 7 months away from turning 20.
I always deeply believed, and still do, that some day I'll conquer this and be the fit, healthy person with good habits. And I've been holding that thought for five years now. I do have some weight loss history - some crash diets, some moments of desperation, some ripping of the buttons on my pants, few accomplishments - but those have been sloppy, half-hearted trials where I always gave in temptations.
I don't want it to be my future anymore, I want it now. I've reached that point of necessity. I have to have that body and those habits now.
I faced the facts: The way I eat is horrendous. I binge, I eat processed food, I go long hours between meals, I eat lots of sugar and fat.
I spend my day mostly sitting, I don't have a regular sleeping schedule. Basically, I'm poisoning myself daily.
I am terribly afraid of infertility (doc had some PCOS doubts that I was too scared to test), diabetes and all the other health related problems (for the last 2-3 years I have had raised levels of sugar and cholesterol in my blood, I didn't take a bloof test in like a year now, I am avoiding the truth). And I'm definitely going that way if I continue living like this.
Then, there's the social side of this. The not-feeling-good-in-my-skin side of this. The lack-of-love-life (as I want it) side of this. The not-being-able-to-dress-the-way-i-want side of this.
The this-is-not-the-real-me side of this.

Coz it's not. I always see myself as fit and healthy person when I picture my future, I always had that longing to look and feel good- so I know I have it in my,I am meant to be that way, and I will not procrastinate or make excuses any more. I AM DOING IT.
7 months from now I'll be in the best shape, looking my best, reaching my goals and enjoying life fully.
Ready....set, GO!
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197.5/180.5/160

Height: 5'3"

Wow! You have such a great attitude! You go girl! Best of luck on this weight loss journey.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

Sounds like you know what needs fixin' Think sustainable changes. You'll take the extra weight off and keep it off!

Best of wishes! Glad to have you join in
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #4  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I have no doubt you will succeed! Great frame of mind!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #5  

Thanks for those wonderful words guys
))
Old 07-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #6  

Wishing you the best -- all the way!
jimmyk1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #7  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

You're gonna do great, girl!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #8  
tallnthick

S/C/G: 203/193/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Welcome
lilneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #9  

Thank you everyone!

I feel the need to update my introduction with a few more things. Just because I can't find a more suitable tread to do so.

I suck at this weight-loss thing.
But I know it can be done . I just need to learn how, actually what works for me and what is maintainable.
At the moment I have so many dilemmas
Eating healthy and working out should be easy, why isn't it? Why do I find it so complicated?
Oh God, this makes me so frustrated.....
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Oh it's definitely not as easy as so many people make it sound.

The core of it is "eat less, move more", but those 'experts' never really go into just how difficult that can be at times. They never mention the word commitment. Or what to do when you slip-up.

In a nutshell, it takes trial and error to see what will fit your life, and commitment to stick with the healthy changes that you know you want to keep in your life.

Also, know that you don't have to start out "perfectly". Doing something is better than wishing you could do more while doing nothing.

You can do this.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197.5/180.5/160

Height: 5'3"

Oh honey, we all know what we SHOULD do to lose weight but the DOING of it is HARD but DOABLE.
Find a weight loss program that you can do long term. Even if you have an off meal OR a bad day, do not let this be a reason for you to throw in the towel. I count calories, I goggled how many calories that I should eat to lose weight. I chose this method because it is free, I am not paying for a program and although, I have included many more fruits and veggies in my diet, I can choose to eat what I want as long as I keep it within my calorie limit. Weight Watchers is another proven and flexible program.
I have found MANY excuses not to exercise, to busy, not enough time, too tired, blah, blah. I am trying (note trying) to get in the habit of getting up an hour earlier to exercise before I leave for work.
You are worth the effort. It is not all or nothing, trying something healthier is better than doing nothing.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #12  

Lovely & NEMom thank you I needed this friendly pat on the shoulder. I think these particular sentences sum up the thing that is blocking me. I'm taking too much stuff at once, because I think small changes are not enough. But, as you both said it, it's certainly better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Also, know that you don't have to start out "perfectly". Doing something is better than wishing you could do more while doing nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
You are worth the effort. It is not all or nothing, trying something healthier is better than doing nothing.

And NEMom, counting calories is what I planned to do

I just need to get trough the first few days, and I know I'll feel more confident....