Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 120

Height: 163

Talking Oh this newbie talks alot!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeello!

Well here`s another new one for the books. Today is the turning point for me. After several half baked attempts (some more ridiculous than the other) I am going to chuck out the fat girl in me.

I have always been a chubby girl from birth. My mother used to reign with an iron fist of weight control and she would balance me out a bit. But ofcourse as so many of us, when I moved out I could do what I wanted, when I wanted. And the kilo`s just came rocking about.

11 years after moving out I am finally going to put on the iron fist my mother used and tone it down. (literaly!)

I have just applied to the local gym where I bought a package that piles swimming, cardio and all sorts of classes together. That and a proper lifestyle, the only thing holding me back is the fact I just cannot eat vegetables. No matter how much I try the only ones I like is lettuce and carrots. I`m hoping to replace most of them with fruits as I like all fruit.

I`m hoping to loose at least 30 kilo`s but 40 if I can manage it. I`m giving myself a long time to reach this goal, a full year. I choose to do it this way because I am an very big (hah!) disbeliever in gastric bands and the likes. Its an unhealthy way of loosing weight and I would NOT want to be stuck with bingowings or an apron that could cover a chair.

I want to do this once and for all as it is seriously affecting my fertility and as my other half propsed to me I do not want to look back on my wedding pictures in a few years thinking ' god I look like a whale' . My other half doesn`t expect me to change, he wouldn`t ask for it but I want to make him proud.

Anyways, next monday is the starting point for me, I am saying goodbye to fat after a long weekend of hiking/camping and cooking god knows what over a little stove.

Enough for now!

Saskia

Last edited by Saskia; 07-14-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Saskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #2  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the Forum Saskia!

I am a talker too and I am new, so I will probably see you name in the main support section.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You'll find there are a lot of people looking to lose weight and get fit around here, so you aren't alone. Doesn't matter if it takes 1 year or 10, each healthy step we take is a step forward!

You can do it! Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! It's good to have another talker here. And it sounds like you're doing things the right way - a slow, lifestyle change. Making healthy plans is the first step, so congrats!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Welcome, and you can do it. You seem motivated, so when having bad days look back at your intro and use that iron fist (Not to punch anyone though!!). Plus, it will seem daunting the first time you step into the gym, but you will actually enjoy it, and afterwards you will feel more energetic! Best of luck and if you want more information just ask. I started out having to lose over 70 lbs, now I have like 12-14 to lose, so dont be worried that you have that much to lose, just break it down into small goals, and nsv (non scale vistories) like fitting into the next size down clothes, beating personal bets in the gym, i.e lengths of the pool swimming etc. Just plot it out as you go along and the smaller goals you meet will add up along the way!
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote