Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here!

Hello,
I've reached my heaviest this year 233 (5'7") and hated how I looked but mostly my clothes didn't fit. Just felt awful.
I'm an elementary music teacher and have several supportive teacher friends in the same boat. One told me about a study at the University in town. To make a long story short, I got in the study and they enrolled me in Jenny Craig for FREE (plus get paid to do it for 90 days with medical testing every month- I really feel like God blessed me and said now go get it done.)
SO I've just finished the 2nd month and have lost 17 pounds while going on several hiatuses (weekend trips out of town).
It just hit me this week- I've got 4 weeks to loose and then the program is over and I'm on my own!!!! I'm scared to death I'm going to fall back to my old ways. I can't afford Jenny Craig so I've been researching how I'm going to do this on my own. I really feel like the portion control and the fact you just eat what they tell you, has made me successful. I'm not crazy about all the frozen food but it's working so why change? I'd really like to be able to cook my own food and eat the right amount but I just can't do it. It seems I can't be trusted.

Anyway- I found this to hopefully help keep me accountable when I loose my JC lady.
musicmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Great job on your 17 Lbs loss!! Good luck with your continue efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:04 AM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I will say, if you're worried about portion control, maybe you could try some frozen meals, such as Lean Cuisines? They're smallish (depending on your appetite), so you may need to add some fruits and veggies as sides. They're not the healthiest things in the world (holy sodium, Batman!), but they'll teach you portion control until you're ready to venture off on your own.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

I would agree with frozen meals. I swear by these, theres no - ohh I am late from work and in a hurry, it takes 5 minutes to defrost and heat it. You know exactly how much you put in. I make spaghetti bolognese, and eat it with half cup of cooked pasta. Pasta takes about 10 minutes to cook, and by that time the frozen bolognese is defrosted and hot. You wouldnt even prepare a snack (healthy or unhealthy) in that time. Just my own opinion, but as the poster above said portion control. I am no cook and if I can cook spaghetti bolognese, you can! I can burn water!lol.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote