Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Need change, for good.

Hi all,
I'm not new to 3FC...my old username was "IndieSoul". I decided to come back and start anew, with a new account. Newness is important to me now.

For awhile, I've come to realize how much I need to lose weight. Let me start off by saying that I'm 16...16, with hypertension and on blood pressure medication. 16, and finding it exhausting to do the simplest tasks, such as going up stairs. 16, and just now realizing that if I don't change my eating/exercising habits now, it'll be much worse down the road. I'm gaining, on average, about 20lbs a year.

I'm starting a new school this year - my junior year of high school. It's a public gifted and talented school for art students, and I'm desperate to make a good first impression.

Not only is my weight affecting my physical health, it's taking a toll on my mental health as well. I already struggle with issues like anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem, and being overweight makes them all worse. I have strong motivation issues...not good when you're trying to lose weight. This has sabotaged all my previous efforts to get healthy. But...when I look at pictures of myself from my thinnest summer - 2006 at 165lbs - I feel it so close within my grasp. I need to reach that again.

I'm interested in areas such as art, writing, psychology, and music. I have really been pondering my future as of late, in a sort of panic as I don't yet know what I want to do. I'm thinking that I'll do something along the lines of writing - my life's work and greatest interest.

That's a little bit of me...hope coming back to this site helps my motivation. Glad to meet you all

Last edited by McMurphy; 06-26-2011 at 09:09 PM.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back =)

You can definitely make healthy, permanent changes.

Hope to see you around the boards along your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/168.5/148

Height: 5'2

Best wishes on your goal toward better health! You can do it !!
slenderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Welcome to our club.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone

(((((hugs)))))
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote