Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default New to the forum, looking for buddies

Hi all!

I have been lurking for a while and learning a lot from the posts here. I would really love to become an active member here and share ideas and motivation.

About me, I'm a 42-year-old mom from Kentucky. I run a really successful business from my home, which has some great perks. But, it also means that I am lacking that daily social interaction that most people get from going to work. The company has been successful enough that a few months ago, my husband also was able to start working from home, so we are both here all the time.

I have been overweight all my life, but in the past few years have gone from curvy and plump to morbidly obese, mostly due to a ridiculously happy marriage and a love of fine food and wine. My goal is to make lifestyle changes and lose 100 lbs. I plan to do this through eating more whole foods and moving more. No fancy diet plans, pills, or surgeries. Just more broccoli, less butter, to over simplify. I am three days in, and feel great and not hungry. I am tracking my food intake with an app, and will track exercise that way too.

Weight loss blogs have inspired me a lot, and I started one too, mostly because I feel like if I put my experience "out there" and talk with people about it, it will help me be motivated because I will feel accountable to anyone who might actually read the blog. It's located on Blogspot under BodyByButter if anyone is interested in reading (I can't post a link yet). This isn't a blog that hopes to end up with a book deal, it's just a blog that is a place for me to write about what I'm doing and feeling. It might even be boring, but you can be the judge.

Anyway, I am really happy to have found this forum (which I found by reading a blog!) and hope to get to know many of you and help you on your quest as well.
BodyByButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #2  
Skinny chick

Welcome! I wish you much success!
And I LOVE your user name.
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 450/310/150

Height: 4' 11"

Welcome, were both new to the forum. Your looking for a Buddies I'm looking for a Buddies. LET'S BE FRIENDS :0)
ladyBfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  
I know I can

You have come to the right place! Welcome!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote