Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #1  
Unbreakable!

S/C/G: 200/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb New to 3FC

Hello, My name is Elle

I have been struggling with my weight off and on for the last 10 years. 3 Years ago I was fit and in shape, but I made the mistake that most 1st time moms make and ate whatever I wanted thinking I could just lose the weight after the baby... Big no no, almost 2 years later and I am still struggling with it...

I have tried program after program. P90X hated because it was wayy to long and Tony Horton talked too much!

I am trying turbo fire, and I hope that I can stick with this one. I have to. I am fighting for the quality of life for me and my family. No one wants an over weight girlfriend or mom... I am mostly doing this for me. To prove to myself that I can do it. I have little support at home. My boyfriend is supportive only so much as " you just gotta get out there and do it, don't be a baby, just get disciplined and do it" even though he is right, it doesn't sound very good coming out like that. And that kind of motivation hasn't worked for me yet...
ellewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #2  

I am new on here too, and as a mother of four i understand what your saying. "no one wants a fat mom or girlfriend" my boyfriend is very similar " babe you just gotta stop this or that. Yeah, not that easy. I havent even tried to start losing weight yet because I do not know where to begin.
justwannabeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/185/160

Height: 5' 7'

When it comes to weight loss planning is very important, especially at the beginning. Maybe pick a food plan (calorie counting, weight watchers, ideal protein, etc...), then an exercise plan, and then set a start date. Write everything down before you start, including mini goals and your goal weight. And once you start whether your keeping to your plan or not track both your food and exercise.

I am a vegan who calorie counts and exercises daily. I worked up to all of this over the last year. I cheat fairly regularly but I try to track it and that usually puts me back on plan.

Even though there are some basics with weight loss I think you have to do what works for you. Do fun exercise and eat food you like and that will make things so much easier. GOOD LUCK!
Jesscobedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Moving more, watching our food intake, just being healthier overall... that's what we're all here to do. That and support everyone on the way to their goals.

You can do this =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote