Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #1  

Smile Christian - New to 3FC

Hi, I am new to this site. I am hoping to find encouragers and to be an encourager myself. I have lost and gained back a wheelbarrow full of weight over the years. This time I need to do it and Keep It Off! Hope to hear from many new friends.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome. Which diet program are you going to be using? Spend some time browsing and you can find a board that applies to the program you are following. Also please feel free to join in Christian Encouragers, a really great group, small right now but it will grow with the new year.

Best of luck to you in your endeaver to lose weight and get healthy.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #3  
Garnet, wants to lose 150

Red face It's a brand new day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacencalm
Hi, I am new to this site. I am hoping to find encouragers and to be an encourager myself. I have lost and gained back a wheelbarrow full of weight over the years. This time I need to do it and Keep It Off! Hope to hear from many new friends.
Hi, its a brand new year and a brand new day. I started it out the Sunday after thanksgiving by breaking my leg and ankle, and I will be home for many weeks. I have ordered Michael Thurmond's diet program and hope that the waiting will not be long and that maybe I will, with the Lord's help, finally lose the weight I have needed to lose the past 25 years. I hope you will as well. I am hoping to go to 190 pounds or less but would like to lose at least 25 before going back to work.

Enjoy your evening and tomorrow. I will hope for both of us that we at least stay the same weight if we didnt lose an ounce.

Linda/garnet
Old 01-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #4  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default Welcome, I'm pretty new here too!

So glad that you joined us. My short term goal is to lose 8 lbs. between now and Valentine's Day. I have already lost 1-1/2 lbs. towards that goal. My next goal is to have a total loss of 40 lbs. by September, when dh and I take our 20 year anniversary professional portrait. And my final goal is to lose a little more after that to reach my maintenance weight of 140 lbs.

Sorry to hear of your injuries. I hope that you have a library near by. Now is the time to catch up on your reading. Lots of sound nutritional books out there that you can read during this down time.

Take care and cheering you on to your short term goal before you return to work.

lbsbgone
Old 01-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #5  

Default Welcome to Peace-n-Calm...

So glad that you joined us. May we encourage each other on this weight loss journey. There are lots of friendly people here. All praying for one another too.

lbsbgone
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #6  
RAR

HI just popped in yo say HI! and wish everyone a blessed dayhopeing that you all will loose the weight that you have set out to loose so sorry to hear of the injuries that one of you ladies have had but it seems like you are still encouraged to go on from reading your posts I have decided that I need to join if I may with me have to do baby steps in everything my goal is loosing 20 pounds which is really hard for me as I have had this goal but havent lost too much so maybe wiyh all your encouragment I will everybody have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 01-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #7  

I just found this site too after searching for other Christians that might want support me and vice versa in this ongoing weightloss endeavor. I have made a little progress( since July) but am finding this all extremely slow since I have to be on a medication that makes you gain weight....so every pound down is a miracle!!! Still have a lot to go-----
AR in Florida
Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #8  

Default Welcome AR in Florida...

Congratulations on your loss so far. Many of us have health problems and take meds that add to the weight gain. So you have my sympathies. Hoping to see more posts from you. I am fairly new here too. Each new day we just start over again and trust in the Lord to guide us.

lbsbgone
Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #9  
RAR

Good Afternoon Ladies hopeing everyone is having a great day well praise the Lord it has finally stopped raining In Ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that makes my day thanks for the warm werlcome well I dont take any meds that do attribute to my weight gain so I guess I dont have any excuses just got to keep my self more motivated!!!!!!!!into doing something and thinking more postive at things well Ladies have a great one Rita
Old 01-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #10  

Wow, just what I need. A faith based support group! Yippeee! I am starting a new leg of my weight loss journey today. I will need your help and prayers! In 30 years I gained 100 pounds. Three years ago I dropped 41 pounds counting caloreis. I gained 15 pounds back. Two years ago I started counting carbs and lost that 15 lbs and another 35 pounds. Argh................6months ago I quit counting anything and have found my way back up to 199 pounds. Overall I am still down 41 pounds from my original beginning weight. I know now the meaning of 'yo-yo' dieting. I don't care to do it again.

I am a 'sugar' addict. I cannot eat it ..............ever. I feel better physcially and mentally when I am low carbing.............so I am back on it.........big time!!!!!

Please pray for me as I begin again.

Blessing
Izzy
Old 01-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #11  

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site...been on W.W. since April and have lost 19 lbs...only 110 to go...I gained this week...okay I'll blame in on too much birthday celebration...well not keeping track of what I ate is more like it...Back on track
Old 01-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #12  

LadyJewel,

Welcome, looks like we both are 'back on track'............! Keeping track of what you eat is the 'key' of losing weight for me. As soon as I quit doing it, I get lazy........very lazy and the pounds stop coming off and eventually start coming back on.

Blessings,
Izzy
Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 AM   #13  
RAR

Good Morning Ladies hopeing that everyone is having a blessed monday I need to loose about 15 poundsand learn to keep it there I am just not motivated so need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Closed Thread