Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default My first step....

Hi all. I'm new here, but I bet you've already figured that out already.

A little about me:

I'm in my 40's, married with two grown children. I have no pets unless you count the two strays that have set up housekeeping in my yard for the last year. Well, they were hungry, ya know? Aren't we all? lol Anyway, seems I have been on this diet train my whole life. I have a hard time staying motivated, hence the reason I'm still fat. There's nothing like walking into a store and right off the bat seeing your reflection in about five mirrors to motivate you and basically ruin an entire day. So, I'm going to give it another shot. I figure surgery is most definitely in my future since I didn't listen to my grandmother when she told me to lose weight before I got old and saggy. lol I actually need to lose more than a hundred pounds, but if a hundred will let me ride a helicopter and a roller coaster with my husband I'll be happy. Weight plays a role in those type of things and I plan to do a few dangerous things like that once I get a life. I hate sitting on the sidelines.

Would love a penpal who is in the same boat as me. I hear that as long as I keep stepping in the right direction that I'll end up in a good place. Here's hoping my feet don't fail me.....
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/256/165

Height: 5'6

Welcome, I too am new here but not to the diet journey or as I'm calling it the rediscovering myself journey. I too have 100 lbs to lose (hopefully more will come off with it instead of being left behind)...I also want to ride roller coasters and not need the jaws of life to get me out...walk, kayak and do all the things I've only ever allowed myself to dream about. I have the pets just not the husband but do have a 77 year old elderly parent I care for without much help from my sister who lives with us. Welcome and much Success!
Grissomgirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #3  

LOL@jaws of life! I know what you mean! lol Shew...I don't know about you, but it's been a tough first day.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You aren't alone. You might be able to find a few e-pals to correspond back and forth with, but keep your eye on the forums, too...

There's a 300+ Area (for those of us being around or above 300lbs), there's a 100lb Club (for people looking to lose 100 or more pounds), there's a 40-something's area, so many other sections filled with support.

Participate wherever and whenever you're comfortable! There are a lot of supportive and knowledgeable people around 3FC and we want to see everyone succeed

You can do this. One step...one day at a time.

Last edited by Lovely; 06-15-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #5  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

You found a great place in 3fc, I come here when time permits and it never fails to help me in different ways.
Good luck to you, but watch the "old" comments, I have many years on you and am still pushing forward in life.

If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate."
~Thomas Watson, Sr.~

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
- Marilyn Vos Savant
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #6  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

This site is great for information, support, a place to rant, ideas, inspiration, humbling experiences, well, just about everything!
Good luck to you!
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote