Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile Anyone else new to Ideal Protien?

Just finiished day four and it's going great! One of the pitfalls I'd like to share (although it probably only WOULD happen to me) is getting your vegetables right!

Since I have spent the last several years eating junk I'm not exactly a vegetable expert. So, when I went to the produce section looking for the allowed vegetables on IP I had to ask the produce worker if the vegetable in my hand was indeed a Turnip...he said yes it was (even verified with his manager)! The bins they came out of weren't labeled so that's why I had to enquire.

I took those bad boys home and followed a recipe I found on this web-site using sea-salt and they were frikin' DELICIOUS! I thought, man, if that's what I get to eat, NO PROBLEM. I ate them all and asked my husband to buy more TURNIPS for me on the way home.

What he brought me was NOT what I had eaten...I realized I should Google a description of the veggie I had ejoyed and low and behold...it was PARSNIPS! A totally forbidden veggie on day 2 and 3 of my new diet! I didn't know what I was looking for, in the store, and the store guy told me WRONG!

Lesson learned: If you don't know what the vegetable is, exactly, do some research before you buy! You don't want to sabatoge your own diet!

There was really little harm done (I've already lost weight) but now I'm disappointed not to have that little treat (Parsnips) to look forward to.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

awww..poor parsnips..all alone!..

I too am new to this diet..did go on it for a few days..however..switched to other alternative less expensive products and waiting to get my shipment in..wow!! day four and your feeling good?? oh.. i didnt feel so hot on day 4..it took me awhile to feel better
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

There's an Ideal Protein section under Diet Central that you might want to check out, as well as support areas based on age and amount needed to lose.

Sorry you have to wait to have your parsnips (they are quite delicious)!

Hope to see you around the boards!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219.5/217/150

Porthardygirl, I think the reason I felt so good so early on in this process is that the stuff I was eating before (chocolate, cake, cookies, McDonalds, total JUNK) made be feel so very BAD! Switching gears and eliminating all those fast and slow sugars has given me so much more energy and I'm not on a cycle of perpetual eating!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #5  

I am semi new I started once before got down about 20 lbs and my hubby was laid off. So I had to watch what i was eating for a while. unfortinatly I gained back 11 of those lbs beacuse i didn't step down and train my self to eat correctly. long story short. This time around I have to STICK IT OUT! Here's to a new beggining!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #6  

Hello fellow IP'rs!! Today is day 22 for me and to date have lost 12 lbs...My motivator/coach is my beautiful 19 yr old step daughter who has lost upwards to 45 lbs and looks like a super-model!

My progress is slow and I'm a little frustrated. I'm not sure if it's my age or what...I'm 46, started this at 147 lbs and my goal was to drop 20. I hope I'm not being too unrealistic with 127 as my goal weight, but have been stuck at 135lbs for about 10 days. I have never been a water drinker EVER but drink up to 4Litres/day. I had headaches in the beginning for a good 5 days, but they have surpassed.

By biggest tip: I was getting sick of eating raw veggies (I'm a slow eater, and found I was soo full between lunch-supper), so what I started doing was in a blender put my orange IP packet with the measurement of water, and then add my 2 cups of veggies: kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, whatever I wanted...and man, I LOVE drinking my new green drinks instead!!

So I'm wondering what people's ages are, and if losing just 20 lbs at age 46 with a start weight of 147 means it will take me longer??

Love this forum by the way!!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #7  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Hello. I am new to 3FC and to IP. I am starting the program on Monday. I am glad to find others just starting so we can discuss the program as we go.
Good luck to everyone. Chat more next week when I start.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #8  
ELF

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Height: 5'8"

Super excited to start IP! I know 2 people who have had GREAT results! Here's to losing, and to the support of those around us!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/150

Also new to IP, on day 6 The first 3 days were tough, but feeling great now. Hard to get the veggies in though - and lettuce without good dressing is very hard for me. I have tried WF and do not like the taste at all! I did roast cauliflower in the oven with fresh garlic and then mashed it up - Delicious!!! Good luck!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 168/150/140

Height: 5'4"

I have just completed day 4 of IP, and I have a hard time with the veggies (2 cups is A LOT for me) my coach said i could break them down to 1 cup every few hrs which is helping me get them down....I have also had the flu sense yesterday which is hindering my ability to really eat...i have been really tired and weak...looking forward to meeting my weight loss goal, so grateful for this forum
Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/234/148

Height: 5'7"

I just completed my third week. I have lost 16.4. It feels like more, which is very encouraging. I hadn't thought of looking on here until today and I am so glad I did. All the recipes and words of encouragment help. I have not cheated at all and I have had so many eating things come up, just as I am sure everyone has. I had gotten to the biggest weight I had ever been, more than I had ever been when pregnant. Anyways I had just gotten so down but the only one that could change that was me, when I heard about this program from a friend from work I really thought it was a gift from God. I am glad she told me about it. I feel better, my feet are not hurting at work, I don't ache like I use to. It definitely works!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 301/295/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi, on day two of IP and looking for others to chat with...
Old 12-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/202/165

GEtting ready to start on Jan 7 with my Hubby..... looking forward to any suggestions and recipies! I know lots of people here locally who were or are on IP and have lost the weight and not gained it back. Turning 50 in April- aiming for at least 50 lbs by my birthday!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Default Starting IP Tomorrow

I am starting IP tomorrow and am both nervous and excited. I hope to find and give support and swap recipes. I'm enjoying some of my favorite foods today as a final farewell. Starbucks Vanilla latte and some Chinese food for dinner. Tomorrow I start the journey to a better me!

Last edited by Lorilou; 12-31-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #15  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Thumbs up Started IP Today

I had my first IP meal this morning. Fine herb omelet. It wasn't bad but I'm still hungry. I guess I'll drink more water to help fill me up. I think I can have lettuce as well so I'll try that too. I can do this!!
Closed Thread